Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop >

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Old 07-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Default RE: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

This is how i tie mine.(remember im 13).

Jim: Mom i need to go to the bow shop.

Mom: Ok

Jim: Can u put this on for me?

Shop Guy: Sure

Just kidding now i dont have to use my old method
Old 07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, I bought several spools of that nock-tying thread, as well as my release rope, from a lady who goes by redcharm over on ArcheryTalk.com... she's got a thread in the classifieds that usually stays up near the top. Very reasonable, too... I think it's a couple bucks or so for a spool; that's why I said use the stuff liberally.

I know from experience that my Bowtechs are going to tune pretty well at an almost level nock point. Most solocams are going to start somewhere around 1/8" above level... If you know so that you can start fairly close, you can make the final tuning adjustments with your rest. For instance, I started off with mine exactly level using a laser and levels (see link in how I do that:http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1684829&mpage=1&key=quick%2cbow& amp;#1684829), but ended up doing some minor fine-tuning with the rest's adjustments after shooting through paper and following up with walk-back tuning.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 AM

Greg, I missed reading this post until now. Very nice job and great pictures. I've always tied my string nocks with overhand knots - two layers thick. I like the looks of your method of serving them. I'm going to give that a try on my next one. Just one question - how easy are they to twist up and down the string to make adjustments? Do they stay together well if you have to make several adjustments?

The difference in mine - I always make a catfish loop - they don't stretch and are ideal when using string nocks and I leave about 1/8" gap between nocks (with arrow nocked) to help prevent pinch. Maybe I'll make it a point to do a pictorial of mine so people who've never tied one, can see how to tie the catfish loop.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Straight... Sorry, I've been gone a few days to help out at the Alabama Deer & Turkey Classic down in Birmingham.

To tell you the truth, I've never tried moving the nocksets after tying them on... As I wrote up above, I know pretty darn close where my bows are going to tune starting out, so when I make those knots where I leave the really long tag-ends, I CRANK down on those puppies by pulling with all my might; they're on pretty darn good. I suppose someone might be able to rotate one up or down the string, but I've never seen a need. Like I mentioned, I do my fine-tuning adjustments from the rest after that.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a T.R.U nok , but might just try doing that myself .

Thanks Greg , for sharing your knowledge

Dave
Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again on another great how to. After reading one of your other how to's, I saw the levels that you were using where you clip them on your string...I went out and bought the asap and I would have to say that is probably the best $15 I spent on bow tuning accessories. I immediately saw better arrow flight and spent much less time messing with my bow trying to get it just right.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep very nice. Great job!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bump for another round of newbies to our board!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Site Bouncer

BTT

I still think this should be pinned....this is some good stuff. Thanks again Greg.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, John... you've talked me into it for, for a short time at least.

Quick Reply: How to tie in nocksets and a D-loop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.