Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spine???????

Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spine???????

He's a great guy to work with. My first Allegiance had some problems and I took it to him to be sent to Bowtech. A few days later he called me up and said that Bowtech and himself and agreed to give me a new bow instead of waiting for mine to be fixed. He was going on his Kodiak Bear hunt and they didn't want me to be without my bow for a month. To me, that's above and beyond by him and Bowtech.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

so one more time... if im over spined what is happening to my set up

Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is not affecting your arrow flight I wouldn't worry about it. It's often better ot be a little overspined than underspined. It really depends on your bow,rest,release.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the reason im askin i was thinkin it could of been the cause of a proablem last year.. shootin 100gr 3 blade muzzy an they were EVERYWHERE!!! i shoot one an it would go high the next arrow would be perfect.. then i shot again the one that went high went perfect an the one that went perfect was high?????? i was hopin you would tell me that was the cause of the problem.... all screws an such seemed to be tight.. i know its prolly a tuning issue but i have no idea where to even begin to solve it.....
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are some ideas.

Download Easton's tuning Guide.

If you've tried paper tuning and still have a problem give either Walk Back or French Tuning a try. Both of these methods give you an idea, at distance, if your rest is the culprit and what your arrows are doing. If you are interested in the Literature for French Tuning here is the link. http://www.dudleyarchery.info/articles/usarcher1FT.pdf

Also, have you spun your arrows? If you do not own one I'd highly recommend buying a Pine Ridge Arrow inspector. They're around $25 and will instantly tell you if your arrows, nocks,or broadheadsare bent.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 AM

i shoot one an it would go high the next arrow would be perfect.. then i shot again the one that went high went perfect an the one that went perfect was high??????

You can listen to all the tuning experts in the world and tune till you turn blue, but form and setup issues will override any of that. IMPO, you've got 'other' problems that have to be addressed first.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very true Len. I'm just trying to give him the set-up stuff to look at and eliminate.

Of course, if he has a set-up problem it will not help trying to French, paper, walk back or bare shaft tune the bow.