Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Spine???????

Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spine???????

so my arrows are underspined.. meaning there harder to control...what do i need to do to make my arrows work? add more draw weight??? i hate to go buy more arrows when i got 9 that are perfectly fine... that stuff gets $$$$$$$$$$$$$.......
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Bruce...Daves setup goes roughly like this!
High Country Carbon SSR bow
DRAW--29''
Weight--62-64 lbs.
He is currently shooting easton st.epic 500's!

I think he is looking for a way to tell if this is the correct arrow for his setup? Me and him shoot together and we both are curious on this subject? When we went to the bowshop and asked the tech. what arrows would be best spined for our bows, we both walked out of there with st.epics i got 400's and he had 500's?? Me and him are both not very sure about the tech and think he could of just handed us any arrow and said "Yup these will work 4 Ya"?? Hope this helps You!
Stop using colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As I quick scan I thought you were Len
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing you can do to the 500's to make them work. You'd have to lower your draw weight to 47 lbs (not possible with your bow), shoot a 85 grain tip and add wraps to your arrows to make the 500's correctly spine for your bowwith 27" arrow.

I'd return them to the shop and tell the guy to give you the correct arrows. Since he's the guy that told you they were what you needed.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 problems with that... had them for a year now an the the shop went out of business..sooo with all these fast bows how can anyone shoot a 500 arrow???????
Old 05-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youth bows or short draw length bows for women would use the 500's. They definitely still fill a purpose.

The best thing you can do with those arrows is to start calling around and find out who does archery classes for children and donate the 500's. They'll cut them down and use them.

That way they do not go to waste and at the same time you are helping a child get into the sport by supporting your community.

What neck of the woods in MD are you in?

Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

cumberland maryland.... allegany county....had a real good shop up here, champion archery.. the boy shot for hoyt but his shop closed up to some family issuses
Old 05-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks MdDave

I was wondering if it's the same shop that the guy that owns Appalachian Archery was talking about. But I think the shop he's referring to was closer to Hancock. I think the guy that owned it was getting older and sold the land for over a $1,000,000. It still could be the same shop.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

thanks MdDave

I was wondering if it's the same shop that the guy that owns Appalachian Archery was talking about. But I think the shop he's referring to was closer to Hancock. I think the guy that owned it was getting older and sold the land for over a $1,000,000. It still could be the same shop.
No, Champion Archery was operated By Jesse Broadwater. I think that his father owned the land & building because it is behind his house. There was a family problem and Jesse moved to Pennsylvania. However, he is still shooting for Hoyt. He won Vegas in 2006and placed 4th this year.

Appalachian Archery and the other shop are owned and operated by other people.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Derek Dobrzanski owns Appalachian Archery. That much I knew from purchasing my bow and other stuff from him andhis shopisalong the way on my trips from Johnstown, PA to my place in Glen Burnie.

I was just looking for clarification on the shop that MdDave said about and how close it was to Hancock.

I need to find out how his Kodiak Island Brown Bear hunt went.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah its ashame what happened to champion it was close an a real good place to take your stuff.... ive been to Appalachian Archery once... the guy seemed nice.. set me up a new reflex to shoot.. jus not what i was really lookin for...i dont do any of my bow work my self i dont really know how i hate to drive that far with gas prices to get my bowed tuned an arrows fletched ect.... guess its either learn or pay for more fuel..

Quick Reply: Spine???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.