Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt 38 Pro VS.  Pro Elite >

Hoyt 38 Pro VS. Pro Elite

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt 38 Pro VS. Pro Elite

Old 04-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt 38 Pro VS. Pro Elite

Does any one have any thoughts on these 2 bows? Is the elite worth the extra money? I know shoot them both, but problem is I can’t find a Hoyt dealer that has an elite to shoot at all. Has any one shot both?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt 38 Pro VS. Pro Elite

I haven't shot the Pro38 yet but I have owned a 2005 Protec and currently own a 2005 ProElite.

If you are looking for a target bow then the ProElite is the way to go if you can cough up the extra $$$.
The Elite bows are much more solid at the shot and seem to hold steadier. Shot independently, both bows shoot very well, however when you compare them side by side, you can truly feel the difference in the Elite riser.

If your draw is 28.5" or longer, going to the XT3000 limbs will give you more ATA (approx 41.0") and make it a serious tack driver.

If you plan on using the bow for hunting, then I would say stick with the Pro38. While I love my ProElite the shoot through riser would be a real pain in the butt to load when feeding an arrow in backwards through the shoot through riser. For target shooting I slide my arrows between the string and cables, but that would go nowhere good with a broadhead tipped arrow.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe Elkcrazy8 has both.He has been a little busy lately with the turkies and bows but if you shoot him a pm,he should be able to give you what you want.

I believe he likes them both but the elite is a little above the 38.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am here. Just trying to get geared up for Idaho turkies next weekend and trying to gather 1,000 pounds of twinkies.

I do have both, for target, the pro elite wins hands down. I have a 28.5 and 29 inch draw length depending on the type of release that I use. The elite holds much more solid and shoots way smoother with the 3000 limbs.

I also have the 38 pro and it too is a tack driver and capable of lighting up a course also, but the elite to me is more enjoyable to shoot . I can't say if one is more accurate than the other with the perfect shot execution, but the elite seems to have just an edge with forgiveness at times.

I also have the pro tec, whichwhen you get down to it , is much like the elite in handling, but without the shoot through riser and just little less of the solid feel.

The new c2 cams are great if you know what your draw length is, but since I am always messing with draw length, I opted for the cam 1/2 system and only lost 5 fps. Not only the adjustability made me pick this, but also the increased ability for resale when you are ready for new. With the c2 I would have had a harder time keeping the syncronization and also the timing in check while adjusting the draw length. I like to be able to keep the bow in spec at all times.

For hunting my vote would go to the 38 pro ( 39 pro with cam 1/2), and for target, my vote would go to the elite!!!!

I would love to shoot an elite for hunting, but it would be a nightmare to nock an arrow quickly while trying to maintain all of your digits.