Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite >

Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite

Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Default Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite

Hi guys.

I'm living in Costa Rica, and here bowhunting is illegal, so I'm planning to get a target bow.

Most of the people her are more into target with recurves (basically win&wins), but I'm more of a compound guy.

I own a Diamond Rapture, draw length of 26" and draw weight of #50 (I'm 5'8"), but I dont feel comfortable enough with these bow to really enjoy target archery.

I was thinking about Hoyt. I really like the Ultra Elite, and the Pro Elite, but can't find a face-to-face review. Also liked the Vantage 7 and 8, but I think those are too big.

Any ideas? recommendations? any other model I should be looking at?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite

With a draw length of 26",I believe you would really like the ultraelite.You might also want to consider the 3000 or 3500 limbs as well.

This is assuming that you are shooting outdoor events at distance.If you are thinking 3-d(which I assume you are not),you would probably want the shorter 2000 limbs.

Dave Cousins,one of the best archers in the world shoots the ultraelite with the longest limbs he can get.Most Hoyt pros choose the pro elite but they are mostly in 3-d with longer draw lengths and shoot higher poundage.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:50 AM

The reason I seem to be confused, is that I can't seem to find any info about the compound limbs at hoyt.com, and YES, outdoor distance is my main idea.

The other thing, is that I don't know if I'll have the time on my next trip to the US (April, Chicago) to drive to an archery shop and give them a try... AND, I'm not sure if they'll have the Pro or Ultra in target colors (jade for me).

So basically, I'll be doing this an online-shop.

I tried getting in touch with lancasterarchery.com (they had a note on them on Inside Archery a while ago), but even though they didn't answer my emails (sent 2 of them, no reply in 3 days), they seem to carry only hoyt recurve products... no compounds.

Any idea who might help me with that?
Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't buy Hoyt compounds online,but I am sure you could get in touch with Hoyt and they can help you get one.

I doubt that you would find an elite to try in stock as well,so you are left to the internet info.

I went to the Hoyt web site and found 1 dealer in Costa Rica.It is in San Jose

Jaun J wedel archery center
po box 1989-1000
San Jose

ph 5062204580
fax 5062204592

email [email protected]

As far as the limbs go,all that info is in the catalog,you should be able to get the person from the dealer listed above to send you one.

2000 limbs are 14" long
3000 15 1/2"
3500 16 1/2"
Old 03-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went ahead and scanned some of the info you might want,all the bows you might be interested in and their specs with the different available setups.

I also scanned the limb info for you.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:31 AM

thanks for the info TFOX... but those guys @ JJ Wendel have never returned my emails.

Haven't tried calling though, but emails is always the way I get in touch with people.

the other thing is that, here, I'll have to pay a LOT in import taxes (trust me, I'm talking about more then 50%), if I get to buy it online, I'll be able to pick it up in Miami.

I'll try to give them a call, but the price is going to keep me away from buying here
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 AM

TFOX!!! thanks for your time and help.

I think I'm liking more and mor the Ultra with xt3000 limbs.

I'll give this guys in CR a call... if the price is way out of what I was planning to pay for, is there anyway I can call someone in the US and help me out.

I already know all my specs, and as I mentioned, I can jus pick it up in Miami.

Daniel Cifuentes
D.D.S.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

You will have to find a dealer in Miami and have them order what you want,BUT,you will have to pick it up at their shop,they will not be able to ship it to you.That way,they are are not violating the agreement they have with Hoyt.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

That bow is also available with 2 different cam options.

A call to Hoyt might help you decide which is best for you.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 PM

so it's impossible to get one online?

even if I live outside the US?

hmmmm.

I guess I'm stuck with my local rep then... the one that doesn't answers emails [&:]

Quick Reply: Hoyt Ultra Elite or Pro Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.