Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 hoyt 38 pro with pro-elite limbs >

hoyt 38 pro with pro-elite limbs

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

hoyt 38 pro with pro-elite limbs

Old 07-26-2007, 10:27 PM

Default hoyt 38 pro with pro-elite limbs

im looking to purchase a new 38 pro bow. my local archery shop wants to customize it with xt3000limbs from a pro-elite bow. that will put my ata about 41-42 inches. is this too long for bowhunting and any ideas what this will do to the speed of the bow? im a 32" draw. thanks for any input
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Default RE: hoyt 38 pro with pro-elite limbs

Well really any bow length is reasonable to bowhunting of these modern compound bows, anywhere from 31" to 48" bows. It just really depends on your preferance. I like a longer bow because I have a 30" draw. A lot of shooters are going to the shorter bows because of their manurverability. When I set up my stands or blinds I bring my bow and make sure that I can move it around to my shooting lanes without hitting branches etc. I don't know why they would want to put target limbs on your hunting bow, Ithink that the XT 2000 limbs do a great job with the C2 cam on nthe pro. I too am looking to buy thi 38 pro. It looks like a awseome bow. I still have to decide between it and the vectrix. I am now leaning toward the pro because of the smoother draw and having the option of the softer wall. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:42 AM

not sure why they want to put the other limbs on there, i think he said it would increase performance and or maybe the speed of the bow. not sure, anyhow thanks for the post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the 3000 limbs are your only option with that draw length, which I am a 32" as well. Initially I was looking into a pro-tec last year, but then I decided on the Old Glory, and now the Commander, which both came/come stock with 32" draw potential, with the module system Bowtech uses. My Commander is 42" from cam to cam, so only a fuzz shorter than your bow would be. My old bow was 47 1/2" ATA and I hunted with it with no problems. Now if I had gone from a Browning Mirage at 29" to my Commander, I'm sure I would have some cumbersome issues to overcome, but if you are used to a long bow, you should be fine. Unless you are set on the Hoyt, I would recommend trying out a Commander, since your draw would work with it.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:14 PM

thanks for the info. im looking at a bowtech now , also a Mathews switchback LD. again thanks