Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep site tubing question >

peep site tubing question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep site tubing question

Old 03-22-2007, 06:01 PM

Default RE: peep site tubing question

you said it bigj12 ,couldn't agree more
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 AM

Question guys, I have used a rubber tubing peep for the last three years. Just bought a Black Ice and had another one put on. How much does it slow the bow down compared to a tubeless one?
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

I went up 8fps but i think it is on a case to case bases. Your bow is different and your peep might be in a different spot. The main reason was the noise and vibration that sold me on a better peep. Plus look at teh size and amount of mas of the tube peep in your string compared to the tube less the hole in the string can even get smaller with the right peep.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a peep with a tube on it but am starting to get convinced not to have a tube. So what are my options on peep sights that dont require a tube??? Id like to increase my bow speed and reduce the noise and apparently this will help. Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

There are a lot out there I just wen to a local proshop and told them I was upset about my tubing breaking all the time they told me the same stuff I told you and they showed me like 10 sights that went on without a tube. You cant do it on a new string it has to be streched and al rested into place so that the peep will not turn on you. If you are using a string loop thing willl also help you center the peep when you pull back.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

G5 makes a nice aluminum peep that is tubeless and has a disclaimer about increased speed. Put it on 2 weeks ago and no problems. You have to train the peep to stay in place. Once that's done your ok. I pulled a bow out I haven't shot in 8 yrs and the peep was still aligned with no tube required.