Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep site tubing question >

peep site tubing question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep site tubing question

Old 03-21-2007, 01:13 PM

Default peep site tubing question

What knot do you use when tying the peep site tubing to the bow? The last knot I tried decided to come apart and I'd like to figure out the best way...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: peep site tubing question

Your best option is to throw that in the garbage and get one without a tube it slows your bow and causes a lot of vibration. You can get ones for the same price as the kind you have with alot better accurcey. You have to balance the size though too small you wont be able to see through it when in low light. Too big and you wont be verry accurate because you have a lot more room to center your pin in.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM

I'm not really worried at all about speed... ends up with enough tinkering i think i perfected a good knot. If i can ever tie it again is probably 50/50
Old 03-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try and duplicate the same knot as on your loop.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

go to your local archery shop and have them do it, if you have one that is.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:44 PM

See that is the problem... no pro shop near me (besides a gander mountain but I don't exactly trust them) the knot i have tied is worling very well so I think I'm good
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Site Bouncer

I don't tie a knot. I use this little clip type post that you attach on yourcable then you slip the tube over it like you would your peep. I like this type because there is no knot to fail.

Here is a pic.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Best thing to do is get a creep free string and align your peep properly so you can get rid of the tubing. But if you're dead set on keeping it, the knot to use is the same one that your loop is tied with, just copy it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hallj86

Your best option is to throw that in the garbage and get one without a tube it slows your bow and causes a lot of vibration. You can get ones for the same price as the kind you have with alot better accurcey. You have to balance the size though too small you wont be able to see through it when in low light. Too big and you wont be verry accurate because you have a lot more room to center your pin in.
Ditto that. Aside from vibration, the tubing generates alot of noise too. Besides, once it breaks and slaps you in the face (it happened to me) you'll go with a "tubeless" peep anyway.

I'm using the G5 Meta peep and LOVE it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Site Bouncer

I think tubeless peeps are fine........BUT even with a quality string you can still have creep issues. Changes in the weather will cause this to happen even with the best strings. With a tube style peep, attached correctly with the proper length tube you will have no problems at all. I replace my tube twice a year, once before hunting season and right after it. It only takes a few seconds to change and costs a couple bucks. I have yet to have one break when following this procedure.

Do they slow the bow down....Yep.
Do they make more noise than a tubeless peep.....Yep.

Has it ever cost me a deer.......Nope

I think the noise and speed thing (while real) are over rated. I'm getting 275fps out of my bow and it would be very difficult to hear the difference between shooting with or without the tubing.

What I do know is my peep will be aligned everytime I draw back my bow, no matter how hot, cold or rainy it is outside. I don't have to go out and buy abrand new top of the line string and cable for my bow either.

Remember,most bow makers out there that don't sell their bows strung withtop of the line strings and cables on them. You can get years of service out of them even though they will creep a little. Most I find will creep at first then settle down just fine. There are some very poorly made strings that will never stop, but most do. It's a shame to have to replace a brand new string and cable seton a brand new bow!

All I do is hunt so I'm fine with the peep tube. If I shot competitively it would be another story. I would probably go with a tubeless style peep, but for hunting a tube peep is a sure bet.

Change the tube often, make sure it's the proper length, put it on right and forget about it. When you draw, you will see your target.

Quick Reply: peep site tubing question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.