Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Silicone Peep Site Tubing >

Silicone Peep Site Tubing

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Silicone Peep Site Tubing

Old 10-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Silicone Peep Site Tubing

My peep site tubing needs replacing so I went to the local archery shop and bought some new. It is the silicone material and it is really much slicker than the rubber tubing I had before. How do you guys attach it to the cable? I have it on the string using the post that is on the back of the peep but I am not sure how to keep it from moving on the cable. Right now I have dental floss wrapped above and below the knot and that seems to be working. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Spike

Default RE: Silicone Peep Site Tubing

I tie a knot and secure it with dental floss just like you did! I also put a drop of super glue on the floss to keep it from coming undone.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:41 AM

Default RE: Silicone Peep Site Tubing

Keep a good eye on your peep tubing. The shop I work at tried some of that new silicone stuff and had alot of problems with it slipping off the posts and it snapping the shooter in the face. Yeah it has a 2 year waranty but if it slips off the post every few shots what use is it. We have since stopped using it and have gone back to the old type of peep tubing. Yes the old stuff dry rots but if you keep an eye on it and replace it. You'll be in good shape. Also just tye some of that dental floss above and below and put a drop of glue on each knot above and below and it will be ok.