Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Darton Pro 2000

Old 02-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Darton Pro 2000

Recieved my Pro 2000 last week , just getting around to tweeking it . I put a trophy ridge matrix sight , and a spothog whammy rest on it .

First impresions , fast , quiet , and holds great , darton definatley has a winner here , broadhead tuned in a snap , I believe the split yoke going to the cams cancels out alot of toqure issues ,especialy horizontal , makeing broadhead tuneing easy , vertical nock travel has been excelent on every darton Ive owned , this one is no exception .
Did I mention this thing is fast , its smooking thur my targets and put'n divits in the stuco wall benind , I dont have a crono but by feel it somewhere inbetween the blacknite and allegience I used to own , Im sure most on this board are familure with those bows .

Allright now to my bitches , Its long , 1/4 to 3/8s of an inch long on draw , which suprised me as most dartons Ive shot were spot on . Hope they come out with 1/2 inch increments soon , as a suposed 27 1/2 would put me real close to my 27 7/8 actual draw , yeah Im picky , but draw should be correct , It draws 5 lbs heavy when cranked allso , thats great for me as I like shoot'n 63 to 65 lbs , and this 60 lber pulls 65 .
Draw cycle , it not anything like the cps , these new dartons are dual cam bows , both cams are the same just like bowtech , I consider them dualcam bows . It starts kind of mellow , and builds to a sharp peek right before breakover into the valley and wall , a definate peek right before breakover , unlike the cps , where it starts stout and is smooth all the way to breakover , it does letdown well , does not jerk the bow out of your hand like a mathews upon letdown .

Well thats it for now , hopefully Len will chime in and tell me how to get my proper draw out of this thing , I like the bow but throwing 3/8 - to 1/2 inch extra length combined with the sharp peek at the end of the draw cycle are makeing for some slight left to right inaccuracys on my seated shoots , lond draw does that to me , short draw does the same thing .
Old 02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Darton Pro 2000

Glad you like the bow. Len won't be chiming in. Figure it out for yourself. Sounds like something isn't right regardless of what someone tells you. I've come to the conclusion that unless I see it (actual numbers) it just might notbe so. There is no qualitycontrol except you which I think is a huge pile for the money spent (just howI feel about it. I'm sure there are some who care deeply).When you look at what you get from a non hunter perspective the thought comes to your mind, what fool would pay that much for something so not worth it. Hunters just can't see it. What possibly could require a site to cost 150 bucks. There's no liability what so ever involved.

You can set that bow up anyway you want. Shouldn't take more than the realization that you can, a press,and a few days.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ijimmy: Len does not post here anymore, after his friend, Davidmil, got banned. He posts over on ArcheryTalk.com some times. I would go over there and PM or just ask over there, though very few on any forums are posting much on the new Dartons. You could also ask Matt/PA or someone who is up on the Bowtech binaries, as they are very close in design. As I understand the system, you could shorten the draw length by twisting up the string to tighten it. That would shorten draw and lower draw weight, just like any 2 cam bow. With the draw stop modules now being used, the danger of inequal cable tightness and possible lockup at full draw should no longer be a problem, but to just shorten the draw, you should not have to touch the cables, just the string. You should confirm this with someone. Maybe giblet has info on the system too. Sorry to post anything without being a shop tech, but seeing all the helpful advice you got in the first response, I wanted to try to give you some positives to consider.

BTW, the draw you describe sounds just like you get with a #3 mod. on the CPS/Champion system. With a 28" draw, you probably never felt it. I was very disappointed when I got a Darton Avalanche after having the Tundra for a while. The draw was just a** backwards, really nasty peak right before letoff. The Champion ETS #3 mod is similar, but not as bad, only increasing about 2# in the last few inches where the Darton was 3-4. I have played around a lot with my Champions, which are basically worth squat now that the company is kaput. You can increase or decrease draw weight by almost 5# going from A to D on the cams and, of course, the draw length changes too. This is basically the same as lengthening and shortening the string. Should have the same effect on the new cams, they just have a different system to keep them in synch.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Joe , man that is sad news , Len and David will be sorely missed by myself , both those guys have been members for as long or longer than myself , and Lens knowaldge was invaluable to me throughout the many years he has offered me advise on this board . David was a vetran and my serious respect goes out to him for that alone , not to mention he is a very good hunter . The man had opinions , and that is what we come on these boards for , to get others opinions , its an open forum, many forget that , no need to take things personaly , I have to remind myself of this constantly .

Back to the darton , my dealer told me the same thing and told me I could put up to 8 twists in the string ,but Im shootn this thing so well , and Ive got the peep just right , hate to mess with it .
Guess what , its got #3 moduals in it .
My mavrick has served me well thruout the past 5 years , but Im probably giveing it to my bud this year , as Im shoot'n the pro 2000 better , and I hated that draw stop digging in my knee when restiing the bow there .
Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

ijimmy, I've personally put alot more than 8 twists in strings in order to get the draw length correct on different bows without having any problems. You can also take some twists out of the cables equally to shorten the draw.

I have a Darton AS400 with the #3 modules and I had to twist my string to get the draw down to 28''. With no 1/2'' modules they have to expect us to use the string to get to the 1/2'' draw lengths.

As far as the performance of my AS400, its great. I didn't think I would ever find a bow that shot as good as my old Darton Rampage with equal or better speed, but this new one is proving me wrong. And that was with no stabilizer on the 400. I've recently purchased an S-coil for it which doesn't add much weight and keeps the bow from looking naked.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hope you can post a pic of the Pro 2000. I was really wanting to check the Dartons out but never did find a dealer. To me it's a plus when you don't see their advertising in every hunting magazine you pick up.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Well its not a Pro 2000, but here is my AS400. All the same specs as the 2000 but without the split yoke and pivoting limb pockets.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info C- WOODS
Leafrivermac you can see the pro2000 on dartons webpage they finaly
got them on there
Just got out of the woods , nailed a 50 hog with the darton , broke thru the legbone and centerpunched the heart with a muzzy , from the ground , with video , if I figure it out Ill get it posted to utube , and add a link