Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vectrix or Vulcan >

Vectrix or Vulcan

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix or Vulcan

Old 02-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Vectrix or Vulcan

hoyttail, thanks for the efforts. I was pretty that my pro shop guy checked the poundage on the bows before giving em to me. I was begining to doubt myself on what I felt when pulling both bows.

I didn't see any extra addons either but hey I can miss something too!

what did your scale of 1-10 mean. 10 meaning smoothest to draw at same poundage or more difficult. Just curious.

thanks guys for all the input so far.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

10 meaning most difficult to draw. Vectrix was hardest but like I said, imho the difference is minimal. To put into perspective, 2 draw weight pounds separate the ratings 8 and 9. Then another 2lbs separates 9-10. So in essence, a mere 2lbs of feel separate the Vectrix and the Vulcan. At least that's what it feels like to me.

If you are still undecided between the two, maybe you can check my posts or the posts written by "monsterbuckdreams" (that was my username before I started goofing around with my profile trying to change my emailaddress then now I can't access it anymore) Anyway, I've picked at these guys brains enough that whatever they said to me could probably apply to you too.

Good Luck

Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

......I didn't see any extra addons either but hey I can miss something too!.......
I stated that, and I was wrong, I was thinking when I first looked at it, the Vulcan didn't have the "Stealthshot," but it also isn't quite the parallel limb design that the Vectrix is, and doesn't have the "parallel split limb technology???" like the Vectrix does. I was looking at the Trykon vs. the Vectrix, not the Vulcan. I suppose the bottom line always goes back to which bow "FEELS" better, and which bow are YOU more comfortable with. Price is the same, most places, so it's not a dollars and cents thing.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Were the bows IDENTICAL in draw length.(measured) Just because one says a bow is 28" doesn't mean it actually is 28".

This will have a dramatic affect on the feel of the draw cycle.

Another thing that will affect the feel is the way the cam is setup,meaning is the timing identical on both.If not,one will have a smoother transition that the other.Also,a HIGHER letoff will make a bow feel like it is much HARDER to breakover.

POUNDAGE is only ONE factor,there are many others.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:01 PM

TFOX, it is a 03 ultratec do you know something that I don't??
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

North Slope,that is what i figured.

I also had one and the problem with the 03 model is the back of the grip was rounded and this caused much inconsistancy with downrange groups.

I shot some of my best scores ever with my 03 but I also shot some of my worst.The grip is just too inconsistant.

Look at the new Hoyts,the back of the grip is flatter,when using side plates.I believe that even the wood grips are flatter than the 03 was.

This rounded grip took away some of the advantages of having the better a-a and brace IMO.

This is why when I looked at the guardian and saw it has the exact same grip,I immediately took it off my bows to shoot list.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 PM

Thanks I will look into that

Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't look at each bow but I did see him check the poundage on the scale and they were both set at 60 lbs. I didn't know that there were different letoffs in these bows. as far as timing, I know that wasn't checked on one bow b/c he assembled it as I watched cause it came out of the box. I will definetely check into those things when I am up there this week. thanks again for the input.