Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vectrix or Vulcan >

Vectrix or Vulcan

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix or Vulcan

Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Vectrix or Vulcan

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Are you sure both bows were set at the same draw weight? It doesn't make alot of sense that the Vulcan was "alot" smoother and easier to draw than the Vectrix when they are about identical. The draw weight had to be different.
Draw weight and/or draw length because the cams are the same.The bows with all being equall should feel the same.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Host of Hosts

The bows with all being equall should feel the same.
That's what I was saying. One of the bows he shot must have been a few pounds heavier in draw weight to feel different from the other.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

I will go back and redraw both bows this weeks and see. The pro shop guy told me they were both set at 60lbs. I am here to tell you though the vectrix I pulled felt like 70 b/c I pull 65 now and it washarder to pull than my current bow. I shouldv'e double checked on the scale myself but didn't think to do so.

the vulcan shot 269 with a 362 gr arrow at 27 inch draw. the vectrix, harder to pull shot same arrow and draw 260. I didn't know that both bows were identical exept brace ht.

If I buy a new bow, should I get the 50-60lb limbs or 60-70?? both bows I shot were the 60-70 as the pro shop guy told me that he would have to special order the 50-60.

I was once told that the bow would be more efficient shooting at the top draw wt, and with this in mind I thought I would need the 50-60 limbs.

Any help here guys???
Old 02-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

I will go back and redraw both bows this weeks and see. The pro shop guy told me they were both set at 60lbs. I am here to tell you though the vectrix I pulled felt like 70 b/c I pull 65 now and it washarder to pull than my current bow. I shouldv'e double checked on the scale myself but didn't think to do so.

the vulcan shot 269 with a 362 gr arrow at 27 inch draw. the vectrix, harder to pull shot same arrow and draw 260. I didn't know that both bows were identical exept brace ht.

If I buy a new bow, should I get the 50-60lb limbs or 60-70?? both bows I shot were the 60-70 as the pro shop guy told me that he would have to special order the 50-60.

I was once told that the bow would be more efficient shooting at the top draw wt, and with this in mind I thought I would need the 50-60 limbs.

Any help here guys???
Not really sure any of us can make that decision for you. I suppose it depends on what you really want. If you comfortably pull 63-65#, go with the 60-70# bow, there's NO GUARANTEE that you can get 63# out of a 50-60# bow. Looking at both bows, the Vectrix has a couple more add-ons to it than the Vulcan, and it their highlight bow for the forgiveness factor along with the speed factor. That being said, it you have excellent follow through, braceheight may not be near as detrimental as axle-to-axle when considering what you really want. I would like to buy a Vectrix XL, but that may not happen until they start showing up on the used market, because I can't talk myself into spending $700 right now, when I have a nice shooting bow. I also have a good deal on a Turbotec, which I shot, and even with the low brace-height, I thought it felt really smooth.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just got a Vectrix XL 50-60 and it's maxed out at 63#. It is a bit harder to draw than what I expected also, but I still LOVE it!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

the Vectrix has a couple more add-ons to it than the Vulcan??? what are they??? thanks. abh
Old 02-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX
Draw weight and/or draw length because the cams are the same.The bows with all being equall should feel the same.
That would seem logical but is not the case. The Vectrix is indeed a bit harder to draw than the Vulcan. After reading this thread,I went back to the bowshop to try the two bows again. The Vectrix has more of a solid unchanging resistance throughout the draw cycle. The Vulcan seems to have a crisper drop into the valley sooner in the draw cycle. (hope I'm using the term right) Overall, the difference is noticeable but negligible. Trust me on this, I made a spectacle of myself drawingthe bows a good 10 times each over the course of 10 minutes resting my arm a little bit between each comparison pull.

ORIGINAL: arkansasbowhunter

My shop told me that if I'm gonna shoot no more than 63lbs that I should go with the 50-60lb limbs. Reason for this is because the draw cycle will be smoother/easier on top of that quieter. Think in terms that a thicker limb will be harder to bend over and once bent then released, it will return to its resting position more violently thus loudly.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

One extra riser shox.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

To add, I actually compared the Vectrix and Vulcan against my Cybertec all at the same identicalweight and the Cybertec is easier to draw than both the new bows. Yes, I had all 3 bows lying there in a public place of business and conductingmy ownlab experiment.

Scale of 1-10: the Cybertec is 8, the Vulcan is 9, the Vectrix is 10.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

One extra riser shox.
I see 2 riser shox per bow at the top and the bottom of the riser.Where are the extras?Have a lookat the link below:

http://www.hoyt.com/home.tpl

Quick Reply: Vectrix or Vulcan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.