Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vectrix vs. Vulcan

Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Vectrix vs. Vulcan

Hello all, My name is Matt. I am new to the forum. I shoot a Diamond Hornet with special ordered 80lb limbs. I am shooting a 450 grain arrow at about 280 fps. I am ready to for something new. I am pretty set on the new Hoyt bows. I have shot the Vectrix and absolutely love it. However I have a question that someone may be able to help me with.

I am interested in the Vulcan as well. I have heard that the Vulcan is as smooth and quiet as the Vectrix, I just dont know if I believe it. Also, I dont mind the 7" bh of the Vectrix, but I just dont know about the 6" bh of the Vulcan. Does anyone out there own a Vulcan and can give me their opinion? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!
Matt
Old 01-10-2007, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Vectrix vs. Vulcan

ORIGINAL: doublelunginem

Hello all, My name is Matt. I am new to the forum. I shoot a Diamond Hornet with special ordered 80lb limbs. I am shooting a 450 grain arrow at about 280 fps. I am ready to for something new. I am pretty set on the new Hoyt bows. I have shot the Vectrix and absolutely love it. However I have a question that someone may be able to help me with.

I am interested in the Vulcan as well. I have heard that the Vulcan is as smooth and quiet as the Vectrix, I just dont know if I believe it. Also, I dont mind the 7" bh of the Vectrix, but I just dont know about the 6" bh of the Vulcan. Does anyone out there own a Vulcan and can give me their opinion? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!
Matt
sounds like your mind is made up. the vectrix is their top of the line absolute best bow so i would say go for it. I would just get 60-70# limbs though, because 80 # doesnt gain you much. and im bettin if your strong enough to pull 80, you could hold back 70 forever which could come in handy.

i have the vectrix and love it, since you do too i would say get it because it is a GREAT bow.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot both and would recommend the vectrix. although the final decision is yours. i just liked the way the vectrix shot. 9 fps isn't a big enough deal to me to go with the vulcan. i have a 50-60 vectrix maxed out pulling 63lbs. with a 28" draw. i am shooting 265 fps with a drop-away rest and 27" acc arrows. thats pretty darn fast for a short draw length and "low" poundage. IMO go with the vectrix
Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

i shot both and would recommend the vectrix. although the final decision is yours. i just liked the way the vectrix shot. 9 fps isn't a big enough deal to me to go with the vulcan. i have a 50-60 vectrix maxed out pulling 63lbs. with a 28" draw. i am shooting 265 fps with a drop-away rest and 27" acc arrows. thats pretty darn fast for a short draw length and "low" poundage. IMO go with the vectrix
Well said. The Vulcan is pretty tough to handle with that brace height and short lenth. the Vectrix is about as good as it gets for bows right now. I would still encourage you to shoot the Vulcan before deciding, but I think the Vectrix is going to be your best bet.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

sounds like your mind is made up. the vectrix is their top of the line absolute best bow so i would say go for it. I would just get 60-70# limbs though, because 80 # doesnt gain you much. and im bettin if your strong enough to pull 80, you could hold back 70 forever which could come in handy.

i have the vectrix and love it, since you do too i would say get it because it is a GREAT bow.
TEmbry,

With the Vectrix, I will be shooting the Easton ST Axis 340 arrows in 28" length. These arrows will grain out to right at 406 grains total. I have a 30" draw and with the Trophy Ridge Drop Away, I can shoot a 28" arrow. So if I am shooting 80 lbs. at 30" DL with roughly a 400 grain arrow......how fast should this bow shoot?

As far as the holding a 70lb bow forever.....I went to the 80 lb. limbs because the 70 lb limbs felt like I was holding back nothing. I like to have a little resistance when I am holding it back. My Diamond shoots a 450 gr. arrow 280 fps. I am looking for this Vectrix set up that I just mentioned to shoot about 310 to 320. I would even go heavier with the arrow. I'm not just looking for speed, but I'm looking for speed with a heavier arrow.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

with the setup you just mentioned if you shoot blazer vanes or the quikspin speed hunters i would bet you shoot around 310fps. a vulcan with a 29" draw at 70lbs will shoot 300fps. i would bet at 80lbs you would be able shooting faster than 310 probably even with the vectrix with that long of a draw......
Old 01-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd also opt for the smoother, more forgiving Vectrix over the Vulcan. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned

I love my Vectrix; 70 too easy??? 80 pound so you can feel it; damn!!!!! Your mom must have taken her prenatal vitamins. BTW; welcome to the forum!!! Remind me to always be your buddy in a dark alley.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:14 AM

Hardcorehunter,

Thanks for the compliment...lol My mother must have taken prenatal vitamins. It's not that I'm super strong, I'm just 6'4" 260 lbs. In all reality, there's no reason someone my size couldnt easily draw back and shoot an 80 lb bow.

But I believe I am going to go with the 70 to 80 lb Vectrix....I'm going to shoot the East Axis 340 arrows grained out at 406. I'll let you guys know how fast it actually shoots. I'm guessing it will shoot 310 to 315. That's a hell of lot of kinetic energy which is what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

340 will probably be a little on the weak spined side if you are going to be shooting 80lbs. They would be borderline with that set up at 70lbs.

Quick Reply: Vectrix vs. Vulcan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.