Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Vectrix or Vulcan >

Vectrix or Vulcan

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Vectrix or Vulcan

Old 02-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Vectrix or Vulcan

I have been following these threads somewhat and decided to go shoot these bows myself. I have an old razortec (3 years now). I shot the vectrix bow and the vulcan. my experience with these bows was that the vectrix was more difficult to pull back. Could this be the difference in cams? the vulcan was very smooth in the draw and fast.My bow shop is selling quite a few vulcans compared to the vectrix. they are saying that this is common with other shops. the vulcan b/c of the string suppressors is getting great reviews and that the old adage about needing a high brace height for increased accuracy may be put by the wayside with this bow. I have contemplated buying one but am very hesitant about it b/c of the brace height. I have always been told that the shorter the brace height the more errors and harder to control the bow will be. Can you guys share your experience with me on these bows? I pull 65lbs now but both these bows shoot faster than my current razortec. the vectrix is harder to pull at 60 than my razortec at 65 and the vulcan at 60 pulls like a 50lb bow to me. I am all confused. thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Vectrix or Vulcan

The two bows are almost the same bow. The cams are the same Vector cam. Both are 33" ATA, TX500 limbs. The difference is in the brace height: Vectrix 7" vs Vulcan 6". That is what makes them feel different.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:36 PM

thats funny I'm stuck in the same position you are,I want the Vulcan but my pro shop is a small one man operation.
He's good but no stock,you want to try one ..order it.
Like to hear your end result
Old 02-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

been reading on the short brace height and wrist slap.what is that?? I never had this happen to me. why would the 6 inch brace ht drawer way easier than the 7?? thanks for the help. other thought is what bow to order. I plan to shoot 60#. should I order the 50-60 limbs or 60-70 limbs. I know I can max the 60# limbs out to 63#'s. would the 50-60# limbs be more efficient of a bow. the max I ever pull is 65, but considering the ease of the vulcan on the draw and hold, I could see shooting 63. heck the 60#'s on the vulcan or vectrix is still faster than my 65#'s on my razortec. any suggestions or opinions.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was stuck in the exact same predicament a week ago. I chose the Vectrix in the end because:

a- others here warned me about the lower brace height

b- more importantly because the Vulcan felt very touchy in my inexperienced hands, like I could easily produce flyers

If I had the money or could convince the wife, thus lying to myself that it was a sound financial decision,I'd buy both and see how good I can get with each. Tell you the truth, against conventional knowledge or better yet, the collective wisdom here, a part of me still wishes I'd ordered the Vulcan instead. It's easier on the eyes and is very noticeably faster.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 PM

I use to shoot a supertec which is pretty much the old version of the vulcan, it had a 6 inch brace height. I then switched to a ultratec which had a 7 inch brace height. For me, I shot the supertec better than the Ultratec. Maybe it is because I "punch" the trigger, I don't know. Everybody shooting style is different so you never know what bow will work better for your own style. good luck!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

Here is what my pro shop is saying that with the string suppresor system the lower brace ht isn't as big of a factor now. it definetly is faster and smoother on the draw at 60lbs than the vectrix. the suppressor system supposedly eliminates the wrist slap what ever that was. I shot it and got no vibrations, handshock or arm slap from the string. Come on guys, I am counting on you guys that have these bows to help out. It is a shame that I cannot shoot both out to 40 yards and see how they perform. my pro shop only has a 14 yard one lane range. I just hate to buy a bow and be disappointed later when I stretch it out to 40 yards. I reallistically have never shot a deer over 25 yards and only practice out to 40. keep the info coming and thanks for the help.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

The suppressor doesn't eliminate hand torque.It also will not get rid of the 1" extra travel the arrow is on the string and that is where alot of the forgiveness of the longer brace comes into play.

The suppressor will help eliminateSOME wrist slap.There will be some hitting issues with clothing but not as bad.

Take a short brace bow and twist it side to side at full draw and then take one with a larger brace and twist it side to side and see which one is harder to twist and settles back in quicker.The larger brace should win out.A deflex riserreally shines in this area.

Northslope,I am curious if your Ultratec was an 03 model?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Typical Buck

tfox, thanks for the info. that is exactly the info I was looking for. I will try that when I go up to the pro shop next time. keep the info coming.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Host of Hosts

Are you sure both bows were set at the same draw weight? It doesn't make alot of sense that the Vulcan was "alot" smoother and easier to draw than the Vectrix when they are about identical. The draw weight had to be different.

Quick Reply: Vectrix or Vulcan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.