Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance Problem >

07 Allegiance Problem

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance Problem

Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 07 Allegiance Problem

Well, after 3 Bowtech's without an issue, I finally run into a minor problem with my new 07 Allegiance. I noticed it while doing a once over on the bow the other day after shooting. Apparently, the top cam was very close to the limb and at one point did come in contact. The mark is extremely small and didn't obviously hinder the bow in anyway. Who knows how long I shot it this way. Comparing the top cam to the bottom, the top is almost touching. Its so close, I tried to slide a peice of lightweight fleece between it for comparison and you can't.

So, on the phone with Bowtech I went. I explained it to the tech and he agreed it definitely wasn't right and to take it back to my dealer. My guess is has something to do with the bearings in the cam. The cam looks square with the limb, just slide to one side more than the bottom.

I sure hope thats all it is because good lord did I shoot this bow well.

I have complete confidence in getting this resolved. Sounds as though the parts will be here in a few days and I should be back in business shortly. Upon taking it to the dealer and having a conversation with him he said he had one issue like this last year with a Tribute. This out of approximately 250 Bowtech's sold last year. Not too bad if you ask me.

I'll update this post when I get word from the shop. Just wanted to pass this along.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 07 Allegiance Problem

I am sure BT will get it fixed. Is there a spacer out of place? My fatherinlaw's Mathews Switchback was completely missing a spacer!!! They fixed it by putting the missing spacer in.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 AM

spacer? what spacer? bowtech don't need no stinkin' spacers (unless they do on '07's).
i think its a cutting tool that needed to be changed that's the culprit - but ive never found out for sure.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

I dunno, only own an '05 Patriot and it has two thin spacers on each side of the infinity cam next to the limbs. Just wondered.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that Muzz. I would be interested in hearing the outcome of your situation. I am sure BT will help resolve the issue quickly.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, they're supposed to be a black teflon bushing on either side of the cams. Both bottom and top cam, can you see these bushings.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Maybe a bearing problem
Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope this is a simple issue. This could potentially be a lot of things really, but I am willing to bet its a bearing issue.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

As sure as I am that BT will make it right. It sure seems as though alot of people are having some issues with the 07 Alley. Thats surprising to me. I though they had all the kinks worked out on this one. I am still considering the alley but from all the good things I have heard about the Black Ice, I may be leaning toward it.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't heard of too many issues. My shop told me they are surprised that many are buying the Alley and Tribute over the Guardian so far.

One thing that really concerns me at Bowtech, and this is by all means no stab at them, is there may be a little quality control problem. With the amount of bows they're pumping out, its bound to happen. It just seems that most of the issues I'm seeing with the bows isn't a design flaw, but more along the lines of a missing part or faulty part etc. This is purely speculation though. Like I mentioned earlier, I've owned 3 Bowtechs and this is the first one that had any sort of issue.

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.