Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance Problem >

07 Allegiance Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance Problem

Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 Allegiance Problem

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up to what my shop told me today. When they called Bowtech, they said it was most likely the limbs. They had some others that had the same issue. So, they are sending the shop a new set to switch out. Man, I never woulda thunk limbs. Oh well, as long as it gets fixed right.

Now I just hope my shop does this correctly.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Stuff like that always worried me too. Will my shop do it right? Hope you get this problem fixed. Once fixed let us know how much room there is between the limb and cam.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the other thing I forgot to ask is whether or not the shop or bowtech was going to provide me with a new set of limb savers I put on. I know its petty, but just curious.

Since I found out they are sending me limbs, I'm worried sick about this whole ordeal. I'd like to get into why, but I won't, not here at least.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Not to add to your worries muzzy but I have seen my shop replace limbs and use the old limb savers, they just use fletching glue and glue them to the limbs[:@]. Try to think positive now you can get the limbsaver ultra quads. At least I think that is what they are called. I feel for you though, I am nervous just thinking that I may have the same problems, like you said in an earlier post we need to stay off the internet.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they try that, i'll blow a gasket. I guess I better tell them not to worry about the limb savers on the limbs, just give me a new set and I'll put em on.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, its been a week now since we called Bowtech. Man, I need a backup bow. Withdrawl........
Old 02-02-2007, 09:07 PM

I am never without 2 bows at any time. You never know....

Problem is, if you have two Bowtechs that you love like me, the hard part is choosing which you like better.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM

I had the same problem with my 07 alleiance I emailed bowtech they informed me that the cams are relitivley close but if I didn't feel comfortable bring it back to the dealer.(I didn't feel comfortable I couldn't even slide a piece of paper between the cam and limb)anyway the dealer inserted a thin nylon spacer between the cam and limb which it did create more space but is it right? All I know is my center shot is way to the left could it have something to do with that spacer I don't know but I going to find out.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's the bottom cam on my 06 that is very close, closer than the top, I will have to guage it, anyone know the correct distance?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just noticed the other day that my 06 Tribute is rubbing on one of the cams. Doesn't look like it is enough so far to remove any paint, but there is no visable gap.

Still shoots good, so do I worry about it or just live with it ???????????????????????????????

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.