Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 07 Allegiance Problem >

07 Allegiance Problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

07 Allegiance Problem

Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM

Default RE: 07 Allegiance Problem

I heard about that issue from a lot of people with the 2007 Allegiance. They were remedied pretty quickly from those who had it and had it fixed.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Site Bouncer

That's the one thing I really like about my Bowtech/Diamond/Techunteris the lack of spacers in either the idler wheel or cam. But I tell ya there is absolutely NO room for error!

Muzzy, When things are that tight it doesn't take much to put it out of whack, I'm sure it's something simple and they will get you up and running in no time.

Here is a pic of my lower cam....talk about close!

Old 01-30-2007, 05:14 PM

It seems to me that they designed that limb with just a little too tight tolerances. Why didn't they just open up the space about a 1/16 inch? It would have solved these problems.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine si tight on the 06 aas well but no contact yet althought the slightest cam lean would casue it to touch
Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, my 06 tribute has the same problem. the top cam is so close that there is a very slight mark from it on the limb. I can slide a piece of paper thru it but thats about it.

I took mine to the shop and they said they would send it right back to bowtech. This was in the middle of hunting season and I didnt want to give up my only bow. The bow was shooting dead-on. I actually killed two deer after I noticed the problem. now that hunting season is over i cant bring myself to send the bow in because its shooting so well.

Let me know how yours turns out.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Site Bouncer

Well I decided to gauge mine and I have a whopping .020 clearance.It's a single cam so no issues with the idler wheel. Thereis no sign of rubbing or contact at all so if it ain't broke..........
Old 01-31-2007, 12:06 AM
Spike

That's too bad because the Allegiance really is great bow. I'm sure Bowtech will square you away. I have heard of this happening a bit, andeven before thetopicopened I said to myself "I'll bet his cams are rubbing his limbs". It just seems like every time I hear about a problem with the Allegiance it seems to be this. I hope it all gets worked out.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope it gets resolved. Like I said earlier, it seems be to a recurring issue. I sure hope that they address these issues and make it right from the beginning. Bowtech makes an amazing bow. I really like the way they shoot. However, if they sacrifice quality for quanitity........... I don't want to go there.

I don't want this thread to turn into an AT thread. Its merely a " I have this problem, please check your bows" sort of thing. Not a "my bow is better than you'rs" thread. If anything, I hope Bowtech reads this and applies improvements to theirs.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:39 AM

Muzzy I noticed my top cam is closer to the limb than the bottom cam. If they fix yours let me know. Maybe Matt/PA will read this and shed some light on the subject for us.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Just got back home from business travel, and my 07 Allegiance isVERY close also. There is no margin for error, and doesn't look there is contact. Thanks for letting us know, I can at least keep an eye on it.

My 07 Guardian is the same way though. They really don't leave much room for wear and tear on the bow.

Quick Reply: 07 Allegiance Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.