Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer Vanes

Old 01-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Blazer Vanes

I just re-fletched my arrows with the bitzenberger. Which is about the best investment I could have made as far as a fletching tool goes.
But anyways, I was just wondering if it would be a problem to shoot through my wb. I used the whisker biskit all season, but that was with not much of an offset. Now I have about as much of a helical that I could get out of them.
I have a quicktune dropaway that I used on my pse. But it used the slide instead of a cable roller like I have on the matthews. I have it rigged up to work, but I wouldn't be able to hunt with it like this. I just wanted to see how the arrows flew out of a dropaway.
I plan on getting the dropzone by the end of the month and am going to be purchasing new arrows as well. I was just anxious to try it out and see how they fly with the helical that I have them set at.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer Vanes

Put a little touch of super glue on the leading edge of the blazers, and shoot away. They are probably the toughest vane on the market and your WB isn't going to hurt them, even with a lot of helical!
Old 01-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer
Now I have about as much of a helical that I could get out of them.
No more helicalthen you could get from a tiny 2" Blazer certainly isn't anything to really even consider helical. It shouldn't cause any problems or be grounds for any concerns. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

I was surprised at how much I could get out of them. I think I might still just switch to a dropaway for next season. I am not really diggin the WB. It is nice, but I never really had to worry about the arrow falling out of the rest last season, because if I am walking around with an arrow knocked. I have the habit to hold the arrow still.
I am just looking for excuses to get new toys for this year
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM

I had a wb and it was kinda rough on my quikspins, dunno about the blazers though.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM

I shoot 2" blazerw w/a WB.Theyhave a slight offset. No problem w/them @ all. Somewhere on a thread here, they were the fix for 4'vanes getting damaged by the bristles. I do like the idea of silcone spray on the bristles, & to the arrows. Those ideas are from a forum here & on the WB website.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Because of the design , I wouldn't even attempt to shoot a quick Spin through a WB !
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

Because of the design , I wouldn't even attempt to shoot a quick Spin through a WB !
+1 WB will flat tear up quickspin vanes
the Blazers will hold up a lot better through the WBthan most any other vane you can buy.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot them and don't worry about them ,you can alway's throw a new fletch on if needed ,but as someone else said put a dab of glue on the front and back of each vane and your good to go.

nubo