Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 is a sts really worth its weight? >

is a sts really worth its weight?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

is a sts really worth its weight?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is a sts really worth its weight?

No reason NOT to have an STS on your rig. They truly do make a difference.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Axis 390's are fine, as long as they shoot well for you. Some guys here will say they are too heavy but that's a matter of opinion. They are heavy enough that the STS probably wouldn't be as effective with your setup as it'd be if you were shooting much lighter arrows.

If you can try it out before buying it, then by all means give the STS a trial run. Can't hurt anything and you'd know for sure whether you actually need it or not before plopping down the cash.

By the way, I get a giggle out of guys who make wild assumptions about whether someone else has tried something or not.

Must be a really crappy Mathews you got there, Howler, for an STS to seem that miraculous. The few Mathews bows I've shot, they were so smooth, quiet and recoil free that I had to double check the bow to make sure I'd even dumped the string. Maybe you should send that thing back to the factory and get it fixed.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

I like mine and was also able to remove string silencers. I don't think it will improve every bow's performance noticeably, but if you get one and find it isn't for you, you generally have no trouble finding someone to by one over on the AT classifieds. You might be able to find one a little cheaper there that someone doesn't want anymore.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothin' wrong with my Mathews!!And I have very little doubt that you have ever tried the WB, and after the statement about the STS being a waste of money, I'd bet that you haven't tried it either![8D]