Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 question on yokes and cams >

question on yokes and cams

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question on yokes and cams

Old 01-12-2007, 09:08 AM

Default question on yokes and cams

I've read a couple different posts on here lately that have dicussed yokes. I have bow hunted for 14 years and have no clue what a yoke is. Can come one please explain this to me. I am seriously considering a new bow before to much longer. It seems a lot of companies offer more than one cam design for thier bows. How do you know which camis best to use? I know brace height and ATA length is a big factor to consider when looking for a forgiving bow. A lot of todays bows have a short ATA. Is it possible to order one with a longer ATA??
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question on yokes and cams

the yoke is the split in the power harness that ties to both sides of the limb. there are 2 types of yokes one is called a split yoke harnesswhich is split off from the harness.
the other is the floating yoke which is a short piece that is looped into the harness which can move independantly in order to balance out the preload on both sides of the limb
which IMO is the better harness system