Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail cams question (IR without the light) >

Trail cams question (IR without the light)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail cams question (IR without the light)

Old 07-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Trail cams question (IR without the light)

This is kind of in reference to my thread on the IR flash spooking my 8 point with my No flash Cuddeback. Is there a IR cam that does not use any kind of light to take night pictures and video's? I'm done with these IR Trail Cams that use there tiny red dots to gain light, they spook just as many deer as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trail cams question (IR without the light)

RECONYX camera

LFT Light Filetering Technology it's suppose to filter the red glow

www.RECONYX.com
Old 07-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, at 6 Benjamins for the no IR Reconix I'll stick with my $50 flash jobs. The deer don't seem to mind the flash and are always looking at my IR camera.

I'll be willing to be that come next year there will be more filtered IR cameras out and the price will drop on them.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Could it be your sent on the camera and on the groundthat is spooking them? Either way it still has to be way better than a flash camera.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Could it be your sent on the camera and on the groundthat is spooking them?
Of course it could. It could also be low batteries causing louder cycling of the mechanisms. It could be many things.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Could it be your sent on the camera and on the groundthat is spooking them?
Of course it could. It could also be low batteries causing louder cycling of the mechanisms. It could be many things.
Well I know it isn't low battery's. I'd put my money on it its the tiny red lights going off. A blind man could see them!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Schultzy, have you tested that video to try to hear if it makes any noisewhile recording? Ihave had only an occasional deer spook because of the flash from myCuddeback EXCITE. I'm not talking about mature bucks though, because they are few and far between in my specific hunting area.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Schultzy, have you tested that video to try to hear if it makes any noisewhile recording? Ihave had only an occasional deer spook because of the flash from myCuddeback EXCITE. I'm not talking about mature bucks though, because they are few and far between in my specific hunting area.
I know it makes a slight noise while taking a picture but during video mode as far as I know its dead quite for the length of the video (60 seconds).
Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vmartin

Could it be your sent on the camera and on the groundthat is spooking them? Either way it still has to be way better than a flash camera.
I have to disagree with this. I have 2 cameras right now over the same mineral site because I am testing something else out. I have noticed that many deer are looking at the IR camera (see my avatar) yet none look at the flash camera. I have seen no deer notice the flash camera yet (except one sniffing it) let alone spooking from it.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 AM

There are several camera hitting the market with black IR....predator, reconyx and buck eye I think...predator should be the cheapest around $500....these cams are way better than $50 cams in trigger,picture quality and technology imho

Quick Reply: Trail cams question (IR without the light)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.