Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question on game cams >

Question on game cams

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on game cams

Old 07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question on game cams

I don't have one yet and want to get one, has anyone on here had differant brands to compare with? I don't really want to start a war and have bad comments on models on the board here. Just that they may have tried like 3 differant brands, but liked one particular one and for what reason? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question on game cams

I've got a Moultrie 200......and a Cuddeback Excite.

For the $$.....there's NOTHING worng with the Moultrie 200. If I had it to do all over again......I'd have bought 3 moultrie's for about the same money.

Jeff
Old 07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried a few different digi but the Leaf Rivers and the new Cuddeback Expert have been the best by FAR. The Cuddy Expert has a better image quality and a super fast trigger. I've been very impressed with this cam thus far. Both of these cams also have battery life that's as good as it gets in any trail cam.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

The cuddeback expert and teh cuddeback excite was my choice. quicker trigger time was the biggest selling point.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Recently got the Moultrie Gamespy 200, and been very pleased so far. Picture quality has been good, both morning and night. Key I think, is to have it pointed at a feeder, or down a trail, not perpendicular to it. That way the deer will be in the line of site of the camera for longer period of time. Also, don't try to get the cam to close to the target area. I am amazed that the pics are still clear for several deer that were 25-40 feet away. The fartheryour able to get away and still take clear shots, thelargeryour field of view, hence less to worry about trigger times. Just my two cents.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have 3 different brands but I do have 2. I also have a Moultrie 200 and I have 2 cuddebacks. If you have the money to spend I would say get the cuddeback you won't be sorry. The Moultrie is ok it takes decent picture especially in day light but, it is slow on trigger speed and it goes through batteries like crazy. If you decide to get a Moultrie I would say buy the rechargeable battery kit for it as well. In comparison the cuddeback batteries will last a good month and half to two months or more even. Where as the Moultrie it only last 2 weeks if your lucky. Good luck with what ever you decide on.