Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Resetting sights to zero >

Resetting sights to zero

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Resetting sights to zero

Old 01-12-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Resetting sights to zero

I am new bowhunter. I got into the sport this past season, toward the end of Oklahoma hunting season.

I know buying a package is something that I have seen frowned upon here, but I didn’t want to drop $1000 and end up not liking it, so I bought a bow package at Basspro (the whitetail extreme package) and I had them fit it to me. It came with a PSE F18 sight.

Anyway, I got the bow and began sighting it in. I have three pins, each set at 10, 20, and 30 yards. They were originally set for 20/30/40. In order to bring the arrows up onto the target, I had to drop the sight all the way to the bottom, and then bring my pins all the way down to the very bottom as well. With this set up, I am putting three arrows into a 1 1/2 inch circle out to 30 yards.

In discussions with some of my buddies, they said my peep sight was too high and it needed to be brought down. If I do that, I will need to reset my sight. I guess I could count the number of tick marks and make sure that everything is even and all, but I don’t know if I am doing it the right way.

This gets me to my question; does anyone have an easy way to reset a sight to factory default?

If I have to do it manually, then I can do that, I just want to make sure I am not creating work for myself.

Thanks,

Garrett

Old 01-12-2007, 12:11 PM

Default RE: Resetting sights to zero

Your friends are right...There really is no "factory default" as concerned with sights....It's your anchor that is the problem.

You are anchored to high, as is your peep....Lower that and lower your anchor, it will bring your sights up....