Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Something I'd like to see on all bows.... >

Something I'd like to see on all bows....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Something I'd like to see on all bows....

Old 01-06-2007, 04:46 AM
dws

Default RE: Something I'd like to see on all bows....

If you have a bow without the hole you could drill and tap it yourself. If that is something you would not be comfortable doing yourself, take it to a machine shop. I know I've done bunches of little things like that for people that have come into our shop free of charge. Even if you had to pay, one hole shouldn't be that much. I would recomend using a helicoil insert but you wouldn't have to, if you ever needed one you could add it later.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I am one to definitely say its not a gimmick. While I don't think it helps accuracy much, you can't deny the vibration and sound dampening qualities of them. I just ordered a custom one for my Allegiance from a guy on AT. His look tons better than the original STS and work as good. Uses the same stopper as the STS as well as the bowjax on the the rod.

Plus, like mentioned, if it helps keep the bowstring away from your arm with heavy clothes on, even better.
Can you supply a link to this threadat ATor pm it to me so I can take a look at it?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with the front and rear stabilizer mount being a good thing. I'd like to add that this should be a stainless steel insert, and not just a threaded hole in the aluminum riser. As far as the STS goes, the results must vary from bow to bow. I personally did not hear a reduction in noise, just a shortening and sharpening of the noise. In fact, there was a clear increase in noise with a McPherson Edge. IMHO, the Simms Enhancer 2000 and S coil together take out almost as much vibration as the STS, without the WHAP from the string hitting the stopper.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 AM

rickmur, i don't have a link to the thread, but his name is dan horton and he's a customer of mine. i can pm you all his info if you'd like. very nice fellow. john
Old 01-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=338928&highlight=meanv

You have to give him the exact measurement from your string to the rear stabilizer hole and he'll custom make you an awesome "STS". He'll even camo dip it to match your bow. Here is a pic of a Tribute he did. He sells tons of them on AT and he's cheaper than the original STS. I think they look alot better. BUT - you have to have a rear stabilizer hole. Hence the reason for my original post....

Old 01-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I have 2 of his STSs. They rock and are a much cleaner look than the regular one.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:03 PM

j
Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

John, if you don't mind can you forward that info to me? In the meantime I'll be reading the threadqzq38b provided. Thanks to you both.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Got your pm gibblet, thanks. tried to pm you back but your box is full.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=338928&highlight=meanv

You have to give him the exact measurement from your string to the rear stabilizer hole and he'll custom make you an awesome "STS". He'll even camo dip it to match your bow. Here is a pic of a Tribute he did. He sells tons of them on AT and he's cheaper than the original STS. I think they look alot better. BUT - you have to have a rear stabilizer hole. Hence the reason for my original post....

I just went over there and registered and ordered 3 of these. Can't wait to throw them on and see the results.