Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Any adjustments/mods needed to the vectrix >

Any adjustments/mods needed to the vectrix

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any adjustments/mods needed to the vectrix

Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Any adjustments/mods needed to the vectrix

Hi all, I am planning on purchasing a hoyt vectrix soon and i was wondering if any of you proud hoyt users have made any adjustments/mods to your vectrix to get to perform the way you want to. I am a lefty and will be setting my vectrix at 65lb and 281/2 draw and would be keen to hear what your set-ups are on your bows. Not sure as of yet what drop away rest i will put on it or what sight i will be using, any suggestions? Thanks for any help you pass on and i wish you all a successfull 2007 with your bowhunting.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:52 AM

Default RE: Any adjustments/mods needed to the vectrix

I got the Vectrix and it is already on the auction block. Mine, for some odd reason, was a pain in the a$$ to tune, and even when we did get a decent tear, I didnt like the way it shot. All part of the problem of ordering a bow that you have never shot.
I have heard mixed reviews on how easy the Vectrix is to tune. Some say easy, others say damn near impossible. I was not able to get mine to tune the way I wanted it
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have had my Vectrix XL now for about two months and I have a Black and Gold Flash point sight, Trophy taker shaky rest. My pro shop guy had no problem tuning my bow. It shoots bullets! I love it.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: gibsonhoyt

I have had my Vectrix XL now for about two months and I have a Black and Gold Flash point sight, Trophy taker shaky rest. My pro shop guy had no problem tuning my bow. It shoots bullets! I love it.
Just outta curiosity, did you bare shaft/walk back/broadhead tune the bow yet?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

I have not bare shaft tuned the bow. I did walk back and my broadheads fly just the same as my field points. I would say my bow is well tuned. I can shoot a two inch group at 30 yards with six arrows. That is good enough for me!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:28 PM

ALOT OF THE TUNING PROBLEMS W/ A HOYT CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE INFAMOUS FLOATING YOKE. CHECK TOP CAM LEAN AT FULL DRAW AND CHECK TO SEE IF IT'S VERTICAL.(NO LEAN)

SOME OF THEM TUNE MY TRYKON DID NOT. I HAD TO GET A STATIC YOKE TO GET STRAIGHT TOP CAM LEAN.

NOW IT SHOOTS GREAT.