Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dakota Strings?

Old 01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Dakota Strings?

Just wondering if anyone here has used these bow strings?
Old 01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dakota Strings?

I have a Parker Phoenix EZ Draw . I believe it has a pre-stretched Dakota string on it !
Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 AM

there is a fine shot and pro-shop person on this site that goes by lady forge. she has a lot of experience w/ stone mtn strings, and i believe shoots them on her bows. she has helped me before w/ info when i've sent her a pm.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep;
I'm here gibblet
I am on the shooting staff for Stone Mountain Dakota Pre Streched Bowstrings and pray to be for many more years to come.
Years ago I purchased a couple of Parker Compound Bows that were supplied with Stone Mountain Dakota Prestreched Bowstrings..... I was very impressed to say the least with their bowstrings to the point that I applied to them for sponsorship.
I have the ease of my peep not spinning around out off place on the string..... and the most string strech I have experienced with the Stone Mountain Dakota Strings is 1/8th of an inch..... I also gain speed shooting their strings on my bows....they have tight serving and a interesting building process that I have tried to duplicate my self by disassembling their string and examining their building process as well as talking with them about it..... but alas I cant strech a string under the amount of lbs of tension they use and I cant duplicate some of their other building processes.
They can custom build you a string to your specs... in the string and cable colors of your choice... as well as the serving color of your choice...... use the string material of your choice.... the # of strands to your specs..... and make sure you inform the person ordering you the strings and cables to tell them what bow you will be putting them on so Stone Mountain can properly serve them to your bows specs or you can reduce your amount of serving on your string and specify the amount of serving..... you can also order a custom built split yoke or floating yoke.... Heck they can build just about anything you need and not just for staff members... but for the people whom matter the most the general public because you are their customer.
I also hear Gibblet makes some mighty fine strings
Hope some of this is helpful to you.
Deb
Old 01-02-2007, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Lady Forge

I also hear Gibblet makes some mighty fine strings
Deb
yeah, but she heard that from me.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:39 AM

I had no idea that much went into makeing strings. I don't even know what a split or floaking yoke is. I have 2 compounds that need new strings though. So I am going to be int he market before to long!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now come on Gibblet.. You know I have heard it from many folks on here as well as ArcheryTalk