Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Lots of questions, need some help >

Lots of questions, need some help

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lots of questions, need some help

Old 11-26-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Lots of questions, need some help

First thing: What sort of prices are new Hoyt Ultratec's and Cybertecs going for, I'm kinda considering buying either bow but I'm not sure what sort of prices they go for.

Next question: Does anyone know any carbon arrows that are heavy? I like alot of the qualities that a carbon arrow has but would like some that are heavier. I've been considering maybe trying some ACC Kinetic 2's, what are the grains per inch on them? Also was looking at Vapor Carbons, what do they weigh per inch?

Last thing: Been looking at some new sight options some of the ones I've been considering are Spot-Hogg Sure Thing, Copper John Deadnuts and an Extreme Archery Sniper. Does anyone have any experience of strong beliefs on any of these?

Thanks for any help. I'm sure this could have been better organized.

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
Old 11-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-27-2002, 03:12 AM

Default RE: Lots of questions, need some help

I shoot for Mathews dealer so no help on Hoyt prices.
I do like Goldtipxt and think they are tougher than most. As far as weight put heavier broadhead.
Copper Johns makes the best sight for fair price!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:24 AM

The design and function of the Copper John's is excellent. Though I do NOT like the pins. To ME, they are not bringht enough. I put on the pin light, but blew it out twice. I also broke one of the fiber optics while shooting, but Copper John's sent me replacement fibers for FREE!
I hunt with my sight, as well as shoot Techno, and DART. I needed brighter pins, and needed RELIABLE light.
I switched to a Trophy ridge Nitro extreme. The pins are brighter and the glow sticks a enough light to shoot my target peep while hunting (I shoot both eyes open).
The Copper John's Is a MUCH better built unit, and I like the way they designed the pins for getting zero gap if neded better than the spot hogg (again, a personal preferance).
Old 11-27-2002, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I'm probably going to go look at some Hoyts within the week. As for arrows, weight tubes look like a good option to me. Does anyone have any hands on experience with them?

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?
Old 11-27-2002, 08:01 PM

The Extreme Sniper is as good a hunting sight as I have ever used, it can also be outfitted with a Extreme Blue Flame light that makes it so you can shoot in the lowest light situations.

>>>------------>
Let's Go Shootin' ! Pinmaster
>>>------------>
Old 11-28-2002, 03:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I havn't shot a hoyt, but if you want a heavy carbon arrow look at carbon tech rhino. They are 11.5 grains per inch.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:39 PM
Spike

First, pricing really depends on the dealer. Hoyt does not have set pricing as other companies do. But 6 to 7 hundred should be about right.

Second, The ACK 2 is the same arrow as the Beman Matrix shaft. If you want a full carbon arrow that weighs a good bit look into the Carbon Express hunters or the Treminator Series. Weight tubes work very well also used them in my CX 300's a few years ago. THey ended up weighing only 2 grns. less than my ACC 3-60's. They also take out some of the noise if you hit your shaft on the rest or shelf.

Third, Any of the three are great choices. Depends on how much you want to spend on your sight. The deadnuts is a great sight replace the red pins with yellow and you will see a great improvement in brightness. The Sure thing is a nice sight also very well bilt but the pins lack the brightness I like. the Sniper is a nice sight but a little expensive for a hunting sight IMO. But you are the one whoo has to shoot it. So make your decision based on your tastes. You are the only one who has to shoot the bow in the end.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:08 AM

Like anything else you will hear many ideas and opinions so here is another one!

some really good sights to look at are the Toxonics Hybrid V, Copper John, Trophy Ridge, and montana black gold.

some good carbons with a bit more wieght to them are Beman ICS Camo, Easton Evolution, and the Vapor Camo Shafts.

can't help you with the price on the hoyt. it varies by region so you may need to shop around a bit.