Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian question >

Guardian question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian question

Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guardian question

So I am finally going to get a chance to shoot this thing on Friday. I've been reading along on every post that I see on it and so far, I can't wait to get my hands on one. The question that I would like to hear everyone's opinion on, especially those who have shot it, is on the limb brace. I'm kind of concerned about general wear and tear on this point. I realize that it doesn't move much, but wouldn't the vibration and shock eventually wear on this area causing undue vibration and noise? I'm sure there is a logical explanation and its been thought out, but I still question it. But then again, I guess the pins in the cams don't vibrate and wear either. Did I just answer my own question?

For those who have shot it or own on, whats your take?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guardian question

I guess the pins in the cams don't vibrate and wear either. Did I just answer my own question?
Yes you did.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:18 PM

I don't think you'll live long enough to wear those stress points

,, and if you do, you'll have a very nice and permanent smile at your funeral
Old 12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

I realize that it doesn't move much, but wouldn't the vibration and shock eventually wear on this area causing undue vibration and noise?
Vibration and shock? When you shoot the bow, you'll realize how little shock, vibration and sound this bow actually has.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:34 PM

I just got my guardian today and have been shooting it for hours. You have nothing to worry about, the shock and vibration is next to none if any. Its VERY quiet too. One complaint I do have about it right now though is the strings are in my line of sight with my sights covering about a quarter or so of the sight. Not blocking the pin but in the sight. I am trying to find a solution to the problem and contacted bowtech. The shop I bought it from said they dont know what to do about it, its the design of the bow but I have a hard time believing this.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:54 PM

Are you sure you don't have a grip problem? The reason for this question is that not one person who has shot the two Guardians in my shop have complained about this.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:56 PM

From what I've heard about it, nobody has said that
Old 12-20-2006, 08:00 PM

positive, 4 guys at the bow shop looked and it did the same thing to them. 3 of my friends shot it today in the backyard and they all have the same problem.

I found that the sight allows me to drop the sight about 2 inchs, which keeps the string out of sight but I dont think this is going to work with my current peep hole position, havnt tried it yet because I was reading about it and found out about it after dark. So, it might if the peep hole is dropped but that might put it too close to where I draw. I dont know enough about bows to know better.

I am questioning the bow shop I bought the bow because they sold me on the damn sight saying its the best blah blah and they didnt even try the adjustment I found. They also told me that rubber thing that keeps the peep hole straight doesnt slow the arrow nor is it add any noise and I found both those statements to be false.

They also put two of the rubber stoppers that keep the vibration things in place on one side instead of one per side like it should be. I dont know, I felt very rushed there like they just wanted to get me out and move on to the next customer.

Tomorrow I'm taking it back and getting the thing fixed or I'll give them back their sights and buy some no peep sights or something but its unacceptable how it is.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:08 PM

Sounds like your peep sight has moved up so you are anchoring low.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with the others. It sounds as if it is something specific to your setup. I have had customers with similar problems on other bows and this was usually what the issue was.....it was specific to their anchor points, grip style or type of accessories.

Quick Reply: Guardian question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.