Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian question >

Guardian question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian question

Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guardian question

Hey buckeye, since you seem to have no hesitation in parading around here with the damn guardian I was wondering what your thoughts were on it compared to the Allegiance. I haven't even been able to shoot the guardian yet, but I got to test the new Alley and I really, really like it. I'll shoot it tomorrow night and decide if I need to order one or buy the alley on the spot. Bummer is, if I do order the Guardian, I most likely wouldn't see it till February.[:@]
Old 12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzy

I know it is a bummer to order something and then have to wait on it's arrival. I will say this bow is worth the wait... Than again so would the Allegiance.

My 05 Allegiance is my favorite bow I have ever owned. I rarely shot the Tribute last year as I very much prefered my Allegiance over it.

I can say thus far I have no intentions of shooting the Allegiance over the Guardian. It (the Guardian) is a sweetheart at, during, and after the shot. It is very hard to explain how it feels... It is best to be felt than explained.

The Guardian is heavier than the07 Allegiance but is basically the same weight as your 05 Allegiance, soit will feel much the same in hand as your 05. I will sayit does shoot and aim different, IMO anyhow.

Be sure to post how you feel about the bow tomorrow. I look forward to checking out your review.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:00 PM

Hey guys, I just measured from center of my loop totop of my bow is 14 11/16 and from center to thebottom is 14 7/8s will that affect any of this.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 PM

Parks, you have a lot of questions and I see that you've been on Archery Talk asking also. If this is your first bow,, have you been on this site and AT much before your bow purchase?
Old 12-22-2006, 05:12 AM

Muzzyman I am also wanting to hear your thoughts on both the bows. I am actually trying to decide between the two myself. As I mentioned before I am leaning towards the Allegiance.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I can't wait to shoot the Guardian tonight. I'm not too concerned about mass weight on a bow as I prefer a bow with a little weight anyway. However, the weight savings on the Allegiance is really nice and the machining is very cool. Either way, I'm sure you can't go wrong with any bow in their line up this year. I've always been impressed with how Bowtech continues to press on with technology in their bows. They seem to listen to what people want and then do it. This is one of the reasons I've switched brands a few years ago. Of course, I must add, there are a lot of really nice bows this year. More so than I can recall in the past few years.

I'll try to get some info posted tonight after I shoot it.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:25 PM

Muzzyman,

Simple question, HIJACKED - Into a 9 page fiasco. This has read like a novel, and I need some feeling of resolution. Parks, don't give up on that bow that easily, you're lucky enough to have Bowtech corporate representatives helping you resolve your issue, it'll work out.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 PM

is everybodysupposed toknow that?