Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian question >

Guardian question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian question

Old 12-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guardian question

They also put two of the rubber stoppers that keep the vibration things in place on one side instead of one per side like it should be. I dont know, I felt very rushed there like they just wanted to get me out and move on to the next customer.
If I'm following you correctly on this comment those aren't stoppers intended to keep the silencers in place. They are cushion buttons (similar to Eliminator buttons) that are intended to be used as a cushion for your release against the arrow nock if you intend to shoot directly off the string.
They are a factory item and they are supposed to be on the lower half of the string and used one at a time. As the first one wears out below the nock from shooting you slide the next one in place.

If you are planning to shoot with a string loop you might as well cut them off entirely as they serve no purpose at that point.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:01 AM

Vibration and shock? When you shoot the bow, you'll realize how little shock, vibration and sound this bow actually has.
There is vibration and shock, something is absorbing it or helping to reduce it. Is the parts that is absobing the vibration going to wear out. I am with muzzyman, I have alot of questions regarding this bow.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats kind of what I was getting at Ash. That energy is going somewhere. But then again, as I mentioned above, cams have used axles for years without issue.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:10 PM

Imagine what they will do with the guardian in a few years. They have tweaked the Allegiance into the perfect hunting bow, I just can't imagine the guardian in a few years.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:06 PM

Went back to the bow shop today to try and fix the string in the sight problem. Only way we could get the string to clear was to drop the sight on its lowest mount and drop the peep but the peep was way to close to the loop and wasnt comfortable.

A guy who won the last 2 years in state comp 3-D was there and wanted to shoot the bow so I let him. He really liked it and I asked him to help me solve the sight problem. We played with the peep in all kinds of positions as well as the sight and couldnt get it to get out of the sight with out it being way low like I said.

I ended up moving the sight all the way left it can go and putting on a side peep and the string is gone but I really dont like the side peep. I assure you its not my anchor because atleast 8 people now have shot this bow and all have the same problem. Only way I can get it to move is to torque the bow left and thats a no no.

Bowtech replied and doesnt know either, I am wondering if the cams on the bow are for a lefty?
Old 12-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went back to the bow shop today to try and fix the string in the sight problem. Only way we could get the string to clear was to drop the sight on its lowest mount and drop the peep but the peep was way to close to the loop and wasnt comfortable.

A guy who won the last 2 years in state comp 3-D was there and wanted to shoot the bow so I let him. He really liked it and I asked him to help me solve the sight problem. We played with the peep in all kinds of positions as well as the sight and couldnt get it to get out of the sight with out it being way low like I said.

I ended up moving the sight all the way left it can go and putting on a side peep and the string is gone but I really dont like the side peep. I assure you its not my anchor because atleast 8 people now have shot this bow and all have the same problem. Only way I can get it to move is to torque the bow left and thats a no no.

Bowtech replied and doesnt know either, I am wondering if the cams on the bow are for a lefty?
Parks,
Not sure what it is you are seeing? Here's a picture of my Guardian set up for 3D......you can clearly see that the string and pins are perfectly in line with the centershot and how they relate to the location of the cables. (Tips are hidden by the center of the string)
There is ample clearance and no interference with my sight and this is the stock slide and I took the picture from the position my head would be in at full draw.
Sight is a Sure-Loc Challenger with a pin attachement. Bow is tuned and shooting perfect bullet holes.

Have you tried a different slide to bring the cables over a bit more?

Yours is the first that I have heard of with any conflict of the sight picture. I spent over 1hr sighting this combo in this evening and what you are describing simply wasn't even a thought.
Is there a way that you can take the same picture and SHOW me what you are seeing?

Old 12-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Just took my pictures, the one like yours looks the same, but look at the one I had taken at full draw. Let me figure out how to post them and they will be here in a sec
Old 12-21-2006, 05:48 PM

Testing the picture
Old 12-21-2006, 05:51 PM

Ok, it worked, not like yours but it worked. Now look at this second picture with it at full draw. I know the anchor is not good because I have to get out of the way for the picture but it captures EXACTLY what everyone sees when they shoot the bow. Any help or tips would be great. Notice the cable cutting across about a quarter of the sight, it doesnt block the pin but boy is it annoying

I really hope to get this worked out because I am taking the bow back and getting something different saturday if not, probably the new mathews if I like it.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

From the looks of your photo it appears that you have the cables crossing below the cable guard. It is hard to tell from the photo though. The cables are supposted to cross above the cable guard on the Guardian. Thismay bewhy your cable is hanging over into your sight picture.

Quick Reply: Guardian question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.