Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Guardian question >

Guardian question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Guardian question

Old 12-21-2006, 07:01 PM

Default RE: Guardian question

I saved your picture and enlarged it on my computer and your peep looks to be about 9 inches above your string loop. It's also served with a large amount of serving. Can you measure the distance between your arrow, while on the string and the peep sight at brace? Looks like you would be anchoring well under your chin with that peep height and the reason you're looking through the cables at full draw. Where's your shop located?
Old 12-21-2006, 07:04 PM

Scott, I see what you are talking about. I wonder if it could be some sort of glare. It looks exactly like the rest of the cable. The bottom onthe other hand I am like you and can see the serving with no problem.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you think it could have to do with how close my sight is to the bow and yours is further away making your circle smaller?
Thats a good observation! The bigger aperture and the fact that its totally round magnifies the conflict....and Ash is correct, an aftermarket product shouldn't have to be a solution. It appears that the engineers allowed for a minimal lateral pull on the cableswhile still allowing enoughfletching clearance and by doing so it will conflict some with a completely round guard with the factory slide.
Maybe they were so concerned withthe slide with respect to fletch clearance and providing the correct amount there that they overlooked the affect on sight picture?

I really do not think that anything is "Wrong" with your bow per se, just that the design and the amount that the cables are drawn laterally by the slide isn't quite enough to clear a fully round sight picture.
If mine was totally round and larger I would see it too but I'm not sure if it is to the degree that you are seeing? Its hard to say if your are even set up properly for fit and anchor which can cause problems with angles and lines of sight.

Parks, I am going to run downstairs and see if I have a SIMS slide laying in my parts bins and I'll check the clearance on it.........if it improves the sight picture I will send it to you to swap out the one on the bow to see if it helps the issue for you.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parks when comparing you pic to scotts. It looks to me like that your sight window is positioned alot higher than scotts is. Your sight is postitioned alot closer to the upper limb, thus not giving you as much clearance from your cable while at full draw. I believe different sight would cure your problem.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:07 PM

Gimp, I'll go get ya that info but that peep was put on today and its a side peep. The only way to get the string out of the sight was to move my sight all the way to the left with no more to go and that side peep which I hate.

We had a regular peep on the bow untied and moved it every where trying to get the cable out of view and could not. A guy by the name of Jack who just happen to be in the store was helping. He won state comps for the last 2 years and I dont think 6-8 differnt people pulling back having the same problem can be the anchor.

The only way I was able to get rid of it was torquing the bow. let me get ya that info.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:12 PM

Gimp, its 7 inchs from center of my loop to the peep.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine measures 5 7/8's inches, measuring the same way your did from the center of the loop to the peep sight.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Thanks Matt, you dont have to send it to me though because if it does what you say the bow shop has been very helpful and I'm sure will swap it out free. They are just baffled and say all this new tech stuff is new to them and they just dont know so I do understand. Today they took about 2-3 hours trying to fix the problem unlike the day I bought the bow. I guess they like to spend more time when they think a bow is coming back lol.

Anyway, tomorrow, I'm going to change the slide and I'm going to change the sight to one that goes out further. Also I wonder if the string does get in there sight and they just dont realize it because of all the pins on the right?? My sight only has one pin and it comes from the bottom.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Scott, Just an idea, what if you put a small mark on you string where parks peep is located, 7". Draw your bow back and basically look through that area and see what your view is. If its the same we may have found part of the problem.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Parks,
I'm 6'3" tall and mine measures 6 1/8" from center of the loop to the center of my peep.

You are way up there.[:-]The higher you go the more it will conflict.

Now we're getting somewhere. The higher your peep the higher you will shoot = the higher your sight must be = the cables will be more in view.

Quick Reply: Guardian question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.