Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond bow

Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Spike

Default Diamond bow

I just bought a new Diamond bow. I noticed the guy that was rigging my bow pusshed the vibra shocks from the top of the limbs to the bottom. I forgot to ask why And didnt think any more of it till I got home. Any one know why and should I push them to the top like they were?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diamond bow

They should be positioned right where the limb "thickens"... a couple inches before the split for your cams. Look at where everyone attaches Limbsavers; the Vibrablocks should be at the same spot.

Hopefully, he just pushed them down to get them out of the way of a roller in case he pressed the bow; I had an idiotwhom I had taken my brand new Allegiance to for help setting it up (before I bought all my own equipment) who stuck it in the press and cranked on the bow with the Vibrablocks trapped between the limb and the roller... removeda small partof my decal on the limb. I hadn't even shot it yet. [:@]
Old 11-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had the Vibra Blocks in both positions and IMHO it makes no difference as far as vibe and noise is concerned.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

most of the shock is going to come from the li8mbs slapping intolimb pockets so dampening the limbs closer to the limb pockets reduces a little more of the shock than up closer to the cams.

that is probably why he left the rubber down there

the more rubber you have on the bow the quieter and more shock free it will be

wouldnt hurt to put them on both ends of the limbs

Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with Ausie. They work in both positions. Originally Bowtech had them up closer to the cams and then last year or the year before they were down closer to the limb pockets. The latter might have had something to do with shipping them though.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 AM
CWG

Blackhawk owner here: On mine, it did make a noise difference. About where the limb thickens seemed to be best.
On my Victory, about 3" from the limb pocket seemed to be best-
I did read where three bows from the same assembly line will have different noise levels, so experiment- on the black hawk I slid the VB's down to the riser, and added limbsavers- pretty subjective, "seemed" quieter...but "seemed" is what sells a million dollars of archery stuff a year LOL