Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone have a Diamond?

Old 06-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Anyone have a Diamond?

I'm going to buy a new bow this week. I've heard nothing but good things about Diamond since Bowtech bought them. I'm looking at the Rapture. The dealer here said that Diamond is THE best mid-priced bow on the market. He also said you can definately tell Bowtech has put their touch on it. Anyway, just asking for some input. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Anyone have a Diamond?

Trophy,
I have a friend that I just introduced to bowhunting. He bought a used PSE from one of his friends, my first words to him after buying that bow was "be careful with used bows", he took it to our local archery pro shop for a tune up and found it had a twisted upper limb.
Anyway, being a good salesman, the archery pro shop owner put a Diamond Triumph is his hands to shoot. Needless to say he now owns a Triumph. He really likes it, it's quiet, fast and he shoots great for a newbie. It has virtually no hand shock, which tells me Bowtech had some design ideas for this bow.
Bryan
Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I have a Diamond Triumph that I plan on hunting with this season. In design and shooting characteristics it is very similar to the Bowtech Mighty Mite. Low vibration and noise level with a minimal amount of recoil/handshock. Speed is very respectable and accuracy is good for a short bow. It appears very well made and I do plan on taking several whitetails with it this fall.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the input guys! It will be useful in my decision. I'm ready to start shooting!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Spike

TROPHY,

I HAD A CHANCE TO SHOOT THE DIAMOND VICTORY OVER THE WEEKEND AT THE LOCAL BASS PRO.......... WOW!!!! THIS BOW HAS BLAZING SPEED AND THE VIBRATION AND NOISE LEVEL WAS MINIMAL. I WOULD AGREE WITH THE DEALER, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MID-PRICED BOWS OUT THERE!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd direct this question from Ausie -Guy he has a new Diamond and from what I can gather he really love's it .Give him a PM and I'm sure he'll get back to you pronto.

nubo
Old 06-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Diamond Victory Solitaire for a few months now and really like the bow alot! It is as quiet and recoil free at 70# as any bow I have shot to date.......maybe even as much as my Bowtech Liberty and it's quite a bit faster than my Liberty is.
It actually has probably the best balance of any hunting bow I have owned yet.......there's just something about the geometry that makes it extremely stable and perfectly balanced with hunting accessories.
Everyone is raving about the Bowtech Allegiance (which I also own) and can tell you that my Diamond will see just as much action this fall as my Allegiance does. It's a great bow plain and simple........

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Diamonds but the Victory definitely gives you the most bang for the buck.......it has all of the high end Bowtech Patriot features for quite a bit less $$.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd direct this question from Ausie -Guy he has a new Diamond and from what I can gather he really love's it
I have the Victory Dual cam and as John said I love it.
Smooth easy draw deadly quite for a dual cam holds extremely well on target and when I do my part it will bust nocks

It's not a speed burner but is no slouch either mine is 60lb 28" draw and spitting out my 410gr ACSuperlims at a respectable 254fps only 10fps slower than my Allegiance.

I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Diamonds but the Victory definitely gives you the most bang for the buck.......it has all of the high end Bowtech Patriot features for quite a bit less $$.
Ya got that right Matt
Old 06-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own a Diamond Poison, been shooting it for 6 years,never had any problems wit it at all. It,s fast quiet and very well balanced. These were great bows way before Bowtech bought them. In fact, Bowtech has been using some of Diamonds secrets for there top of the line bows. You can compare them to mine and see it. Don,t tell nobody though it,s a secret.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:39 AM

I have a Diamond Recon. Bowtech bought Diamond for their machining capabilities. I think they should bring more Diamond bows back.