Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 inches of draw vs F.P.S. >

inches of draw vs F.P.S.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

inches of draw vs F.P.S.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Default RE: inches of draw vs F.P.S.

I hear ya nubo.. But I am not trying to lengthen my draw or anything, it was more of a question for a reference point. A one inch = how much. I was curious because you will often read guys on here talking about their bow shoots xxxfps, but another guy with the same exact set up is mad because he is only shooting xxx-30fps. So you start to wonder how two , so very similiar bows can shoot so differently. And the answer might often be , because one guyhas a longer draw length than the other.

So then, all things are not as equal as they seem.

Thanks Guys

Old 10-23-2006, 04:47 AM

Default RE: inches of draw vs F.P.S.

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

I was curious about how much of a disadvantage someone is at with say 27 inch draw , compaired to someone with a 32 inch draw, out of the same setup.
It will depend on what you are trying to do. If your goal is to sink a broadhead deep into the shoulder of a water buffalo, your friend with a 32" draw will have a pretty good advantage. If you're trying to kill a whitetail, you're on fairly even ground.