Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blaze Veins?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Blaze Veins?

I shoot a 2006 Hoyt PowerTec at 70#'s and 28 1/2 in draw, and a whisker bisquit rest. I have a string loop, a nock, 2 string leeches, and peep sight with a rubber tube attached to the string. I am using Beamon 340 arrows with 3 inch helical veins. I amgetting about 250fps in speed.

My question is whether I would significantly increase my speed by going with blaze veins - or does the loss in accuracy offsetthe incease in speed?

What else could I do to increase my speed if blaze veins are not the answer?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blaze Veins?

you won't gain any noticable speedby simply changing over to blazers, and you won't loose accuracy by switching to them either. You could gain more speed, which still ain't much, by changing to a peep sight that doesn't require the tubing, might even be a bit more quiet too.
250fps is plenty fast to kill any N.A. animal! If it's quiet speed, then you're good to go!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM

I agree with howler, every thing extra that you put on your string will slow it down a little. I started shooting blazers this year & the accuracy/ arrow flight is amazing!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Other than loosing the rubber tubing, the leeches which little speed gain means nothing, you will not significantly increase the speed of your bow changing anything, don't bother, be happy with what you have.

The only significant way to gain noticable speed in increase poundage or draw length, neither of which will gain you accuracy so again, be happy with what you have. OF course you can drop arrow weight but then again, at the lack of noise, accuracy(?) etc...be happy with what you have.