Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins? >

Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins?

Old 06-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins?

I think this is something good to talk about. What are the advantages/disadvantages of blazer veins and just regular 4 inch veins for bowhunting purposes? Which would you prefer to hunt with and Why?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins?

Weight would be the only advantage/disadvantage that would affect me. I would use theone that gave me the weight I wanted on the rear of the arrow.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Blazers are tougher and stiffer, so they don't get as ripped up during practice sessions and need replacing as much as plain ol' vanes do. They're just a tiny bit lighter than 4" vanes, but according to my testing they stabilize a broadhead tipped arrow every bit as well - as long as the broadhead is a vented blade type and not more than 1 1/4" wide.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Blazers are tougher and stiffer, so they don't get as ripped up during practice sessions and need replacing as much as plain ol' vanes do.
He did ask about hunting preferencebut that's why I use blazers for practicing too. I will use feathers for hunting.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i found that blazers are mich sturdier than a reg 4 in vein. dont get me wrong 4 in veins are great, but, if you shoota WB like myself then blazers are the way to go
Old 06-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot full length arrows, so I use the 4" with a wicked helical for hunting, and shooting in general. With all that arrrow, I need to get things stabilized ASAP. I shot Blazers for about 6 months, but ended up switching becaus eI am definitely more accurate with the 4".
Old 06-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

He did ask about hunting preference but that's why I use blazers for practicing too. I will use feathers for hunting.
Yeah, I would too except that now even LEN and DAVIDMIL are ragging on me for being old fashioned. With THOSE two COF's on my arse, it's definitely time for a life change. [8D]
Old 06-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

He did ask about hunting preference but that's why I use blazers for practicing too. I will use feathers for hunting.
Yeah, I would too except that now even LEN and DAVIDMIL are ragging on me for being old fashioned. With THOSE two COF's on my arse, it's definitely time for a life change. [8D]
LOL I know those two (bought my bow from LEN) so that's understandable. Feathers just look awesome to me. Especially the barred ones. Plus, as you know, they work great!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Windy days blazers wobble a ton.

At the HNI I notice the guys using blazers were more affected by the wind. My arrows had a huge wobble[:@]
Old 06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Increase your FOC% and it'll help with that.

Quick Reply: Blazer Veins vs. Regular 4 inch veins?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.