Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bareshaft tuning question? >

bareshaft tuning question?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bareshaft tuning question?

Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 AM

Default bareshaft tuning question?

This may be a really stupid question but can you use any arrow for bareshaft tuning or do you have to strip down one of your hunting arrows???
Old 08-17-2006, 05:09 AM

Default RE: bareshaft tuning question?

It doesn't have to be your "hunting arrow", but it does have to be the exact model, with the same exact length and the same tip on it.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bareshaft tuning question?

Itmust be exactly the same, except for the missing fletch.

I assemble my own arrows, so I just put 3 aside and don't fletch them when I put them together. I'll cut all the arrows,glue in the inserts in all the shafts, and use the ones that spin broadheads the best for hunting. The others either stay bare shafts or get fletched for practice and target shooting. As I need replacement arrows, I just stick withthe same kind, and replace whatever ones I'm short on, but I ALWAYS have a bare shaft or two in the case. If you want to have confidence when going into the field, send an arrow downrange with no fletch and watch it hit the right spot.

You want more than 1 bareshaft so that you can compare GROUPS. Like any other arrows, the bare shafts will not always hit perfect due to any number of factors. Always compare the center of one group to another, never a single arrow.