Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Golden Key TKO problem >

Golden Key TKO problem

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Golden Key TKO problem

Old 06-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Golden Key TKO problem

I have a Golden Key TKO drop away rest that I can't seem to get fletch clearance on. The problem is contact with thecord that raises the rest prongs. I did some research and people were saying place it 2 inches below rest heighton the down buss cable. Did that, and still get contact. I can move it way down to get it out of the way, but it brings the forks up way too soon. The whole point of the drop away is fletch clearance freedom. Any help would be appreciated. I've thought about attaching a small spring to the rest cord to pull it down when it is off tension, but that's one more thing to break in the field. I'm about ready to put the spring in the rest and make it a regular fixed rest.[:@]
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 PM

Default RE: Golden Key TKO problem

Try placing it farther down but using a longer piece of cord so that it pulls up at the same time.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried that early on. The problem with doing that is it leaves you with a loose piece of stringdraped across the middle of your bow just waiting to get ripped off by a branch or something.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I put one of the simms cable slides with the hole for the cable on my hoyt (Infinity not the TKO). Use a brass nock for a stop. Cable slides back and forth through the hole and doesn't bunch up, not saying they all will do that.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem and solved it by tying a piece of the elastic cord that came with the rest to the middle of the rest cable and the other end to my down cable farther down than the rest cable was served in. I played with the length of the elastic so that it wasn't pulled so tight that it might break or mess with the rest timing. This worked fine and I haven't had to touch it for 2yrs now. I also replaced the factory cord with one that was more "limp", hoping it would have less effect if it did happen to come in contact with a fletch.

I'm not sure why the TKO's are more prone to this than other cord operated rests, but this problem has been discussed many times on various forums.

Good luck ... Shockwave
Old 06-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

I thought about something like that but wasn't sure how it would affect the drop timing. I didn't see any fletch contact when I shot it over the weekend, but we'll see how the arrows fly with broadheads. Thanks for the help.