Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Golden Key TKO - Report

Old 06-20-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Golden Key TKO - Report

Golden Key TKO - Report
I just got the TKO today & was looking forward to trying it out. upon getting the TKO it was in a nice package that had a picture of Tim Strickland on the front with a nice deer. Inside the package was the rest, extra cord, 2 allen wrenches, and a arrow holder.
The rest had nice instructions and was easy to setup. After owning my Q2XL for a couple of years I can almost always eyeball the rest and be real close when it comes to paper tuning. This rest was so easy to tune. 2 shots (slight nock high tear) and away I went to shoot it outside with a couple of carbon arrows with 4" duravanes and a hard helical.

I found the rest was rock solid and perfromed perfectly. In the past I have played with fall aways but always changed back to a Royal Hunter, Golden Premier or a Platnium Premier for hunting. I was never happy setting up a rest where I had to build up the arrow shelf to hold the arrow in place. I just don' t like the looks! The best thing about this rest was I could adjust it so it would hold the arrow & I didn' t have to build a arrow holder!

While shooting the bow I found the rest accurate and had no fletching contact at all. This made me rather happy and I might just keep it on long enough to hunt with it! Anyone that knows me this is saying something to actually consider hunting with a rest other than the previous ones I mentioned.

I shot the rest around 200 times and found it shot great, I had good groups out to 40 yards & no fletching contact. I was impressed to say the least. I have shot other fall away rests such as the Golden Premier Fall Away, Hunter Elite, Mirage, Mathews new Fall Away and various other models. Out of all of them I like this one the best and it is by far the lowest in costs.

Another thing thjat made me really happy (this may sound goofy) is that I did not have to shim my Mathews 2 pc. quiver! With about every other fall away I have shot I needed to either leave one arrow out or shim it with washers to keep one of the arrows from hitting the side of the rest. This rest elminates that problem, so I am very happy camper.

Really for the money this is a great rest that is solid and simple. Most places are selling them for $49.99 which is a good value considering how much most rests cost today. In all honesty most fall aways are all the same and work similar. The main thing I like about this rest better than most is the cost, the lifetime warrenty, it' s solid design, no need to build an arrow holder, and the fact I don' t have to do anything funky to get my $99.00 quiver to work the way it should!

Here are a few pictures of the rest on my bow. As many of you know my Q2XL is my baby so it says volumes about what I think of this rest since it ended up on that bow & not on one of my Bowtech Extreme VFT' s or my Mathews FX (my normal test it bow).

For pictures go to archerytalk.com & look for the post Golden Key TKO - Report under the general archery topic. i have pictures of it set up on my Q2XL.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Golden Key TKO - Report

Yep this is a Really nice one I like how toy can change it over from a stationery to a fall away in a matter of seconds.

Old 06-28-2003, 09:56 AM

It is Orion ,that good!
I just got a TKO and luv it.
I have my Hunter Elite on my target bow now and my TKO on my hunting bow.
both solid fallaways.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:21 PM

Yes Tosoro, for th emoney about the best deal going! I got another one coming for my bowtech Extreme VFT!
Old 06-29-2003, 08:33 AM

Orio,
If I want to put on a target launcher which one do you think will work best on my
TKO.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:13 PM

I' ve never got into this much, but you guys(the GKF brotherhood) are sickening. All we need now are a couple of posts from your other buddies about how this is the best rest of all time(funny wasn' t it the Power Drop last month) and you' ve succesfully hyped up another product of theirs. This isn' t something I wanted to do and if it gets deleted then fine, but your guys spamming for GKF gets really, really old. I sure do love my trap door and my QT 3000 [>:]