Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Golden Key Golden Premier >

Golden Key Golden Premier

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Old 07-29-2002, 11:34 AM

Default Golden Key Golden Premier

Construction: Machined Aluminum.

Overview:
This is one of the finest arrow rests on the market today. It offers ultimate adjustability and exceptional dependability. If you are looking for a solid, well designed and tough built arrow rest this is it. I love this one!

Rating system is like this 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durability: 10 – Ultimate stability, extremely durable, and with the improved launcher arm it should last a lifetime.

Quality: 10 - It is very well made, one of the best.

Price: 10 – For around $70.00 (from most mail order archery stores) this is a great price for the adjustability that you get from this rest. It is worth the money just in the amount of time it takes to set it up and get it paper tuned. It is just super fast to adjust. It will last a lifetime.

Warranty: 10 - A 100% lifetime limited warranty.
Tune Ability: 10 – The easiest rest I have ever setup and tuned. Paper tuning with this rest is a dream.

Total Score: 10

Final Comment: This is the first product that has ever got a 10 on the total score that I have reviewed. This is a great arrow rest and since they added a few new design overhauls it is even better. I really like the new launcher arm because it uses 2 set screws at the top where you can tighten down the prongs. In my opinion this was long overdue but better late than never! I also like the tuning gauge because it lets you see how much rest movement you get on launch. This should be a fast and handy feature to show any changes in nock location due to string stretch. After testing this rest for the last few weeks it has become my new rest on my Q2XL and will be put to work this fall in the woods. I have the feeling this is one of those pieces of equipment I will use for a very long time. After using this rest I am amazed at the sudden rise of the fall-a-way rests coming out. I really see no need in using one. I get perfect clearance with my ACC’s and 4” offset fletching. I am using about a 4 degree offset and have no problems at all and I am getting great groups at 60 yards with broadheads. All I can say is if you are looking for a rest that offers the ultimate in adjustability, tunability, and durability then look no further.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:50 AM

Default RE: Golden Key Golden Premier

I did forget to mention that this rest comes with additional tips and I really like the teflon tiped prongs which are really quite.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

moonge, good review. I am admittedly biased when it comes to these rests. I have used them since they were marketed, and although I have tried many brands of rests, these always get the final nod on my bows. I even like the golden premier better than the other GKF rests, of which I have tried them all.
You just cannot go wrong with one of these.

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 07-30-2002, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am with Big Countery on this, I have only used the Golden Key Premier for 3-D and hunting, I just havent been able to find another rest that I like as much as it, So I figure Ill stick with a good thing.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:41 AM

Nice Job on products... Keep up the good work!
and Thanks Big C and Lady Forge ... Hey!
We just made some NEW embroidered Golden Key Hats Email me and I will send you one..
GKF Tech
Old 08-01-2002, 04:34 PM

I have the older model and like it except for the click when it comes up after the shot. Has the new version cured this problem.

Old 08-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also use a GKF rest exclusively. I tried a Whisker Biscuit and just couldnt get it to group. So I put my 3d rover back on - Problem Solved!
Old 08-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I switched to a Golden Premier last year and couldn't be happier! In one year of shooting a minimum of three times a week, it hasn't budged. The previous two rests that I used had trouble with the forks moving, screws loosening, etc. The Golden Premier has been rock solid.

Old 08-07-2002, 09:18 PM

DoninVa ...We fixed any moving and click by making the Premier with
larger screws.. also on New Models they come with a Tuning Gauge.
The Worlds Best Rest...
Thanks
GKF Tech

Quick Reply: Golden Key Golden Premier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.