Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Arrow Rest

Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM

Default New Arrow Rest

I currently have a NAP Quiktune 360 capture rest and i'm looking to get away from it. I was wondering what everyone thought would be a quality rest to get at a reasonable price. Should I be looking towards switching to a drop away type rest?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Arrow Rest

Just wondering why you don't like the 360? I was thinking about buying one....
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I have the same question. I posted a thread asking about them and no one replied.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Quicktune 2000 or 4000 are very good rests. I have one on my FX but I'm getting a Mat-1 on my new Switchback XT.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned

90% of my buddies use a trophy taker drop awayand we are all VERY happy...EASY to setup, failproof, accurate, Dan Evans is the man IMO http://www.trophytaker.com/arrow_rest_types.aspx
Old 05-31-2006, 06:55 AM

In regards to my problems with the 360, I think that it is basically a good design. It is nice not having to worry about the arrow coming off the rest in the stand no matter how u move the bow. However, with the amount of shooting I do the teflon on the rest does not hold up well at all and within a couple of days I have an arrow that is rubbing against metal. I also think that it is hurting my consistency by having an arrow constantly in contact with something as it passes through on the release.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a QuickTune 2000 drop away and haven't had any problems. Easy to setup as well...
Old 05-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PSENJersey

In regards to my problems with the 360, I think that it is basically a good design. It is nice not having to worry about the arrow coming off the rest in the stand no matter how u move the bow. However, with the amount of shooting I do the teflon on the rest does not hold up well at all and within a couple of days I have an arrow that is rubbing against metal. I also think that it is hurting my consistency by having an arrow constantly in contact with something as it passes through on the release.
What teflon are you referring to? The coating on the arms at the top of the rest? If so, NAP has redesigned the QT360 for this year and it now features "whisker" style brushes on the top which still hold the arrow, but are more forgiving during launch. Check out the link below for slow-motion video of the new rest in action. I believe if you contact NAP and let them know you have an old style rest they will send you a retrofit kit free of charge.

http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/qt360.asp

EDIT: With that said, I shot a QT360 last year and really liked it. However I did switch do the SmartRest dropaway from NAP and couldn't be happier with it right now. If you're dead set on getting away from the 360 I would check out the SmartRest (retails around $95) or the QT2100 if you're not looking to spend as much money. Basically the same rest minus the micro adjustments.

QT2100 - http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/quik_tune2100.asp
SmartRest - http://www.newarchery.com/arrowrests/smartrest.asp
Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 PM

The Limb Driver drop away rest from Vapor Trail is my recomendation. Easy set up and tune and absolute fletching clearance