Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep site position after reserving >

peep site position after reserving

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep site position after reserving

Old 05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default peep site position after reserving

Every time I reserve my string the peep site changes position. Is there anyway I can prevent this? Also, is it normal for the peep site to have to rotate between half and a quarter rotation from the string at rest to full draw postion?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:38 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: peep site position after reserving

No, its really not normal. Are you using a string loop? Maybe your tubing is too long?

Old 05-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Mark, there is no tubing on this peep sight. Its a super ball peep sight.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:49 PM
bigcountry

Never tried that one. Tried surz and hated them. I went back to the typical everyday peep. Good luck with it.

Old 05-30-2006, 06:04 AM

if you twist clockwise to add twists to your string from the bottom (below center serving), then you should wrap the serving in a clockwise manner around the string. if you start from the bottom and go up - go clockwise. if you start from the top and go down - go clockwise from that direction.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Regardless of wether it is done correctly or not, every time I have reserved my string my peeps have changed angle....it's just one of those things, like the rising and the setting of the sun. Heck the same holds true for evey tying in the peep after the inital adjustments.

If your peep does something like a 90 degree trun when you draw then yoiur string could probably use a few more twists in it.
A string that has a high number of twists will normally have a peep that comes straight back (no rotation).
Old 06-01-2006, 11:13 AM

well, i was going to say what makes a peep not rotate, but i don't need to give away all my secrets. i'll say this - it has a lot more to do with other things than twists.single cam strings you can get away with a lot and still have the peep come back pretty straight - until you get the bow in some cold weather, then you'll know if the string was made correctly.

short string bows - duallys, cam.5's, binary - if you don't do things the right way the peep will go bonkers no matter how many twists.