Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What should I do about my peep-site? >

What should I do about my peep-site?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Rotate peep slightly and reinstall tube
17.65%
Completely remove peep site
23.53%
Tubeless peep
47.06%
The No-Peep
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What should I do about my peep-site?

Old 06-21-2006, 08:14 PM

Default What should I do about my peep-site?

I guess I am cursed with peep problems. The peep serving would not stay tied on the Trykon and today my peep tube snapped on my Tribute. So I got to thinking that all this could be a sign. Actually, this peep could have been rotated a bit b/c it doesn't come back like it should.

Cast your vote now!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What should I do about my peep-site?

If your going to use sights, you can't beat a Red-Dot-Scope. No peep, great in all light conditions, great if you wear glasses, and very easy to set up.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Install a Shurz a peep, or similar. When that string breaks in, take it back to the shop where they will rotate it back around where it needs to be and it will no longer be a problem. I have only one thing to say about those dern peeps w/ tubing.......and I'm pretty sure if I said it here I would be CNTRL-ALT-DLETED...........[:@]
Old 06-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Fieldmouse. Use a Red Dot. It forces you to hold the same form everytime, or else you just cant see the dot at all. I get the best groups ever when I use mine. Plus the dot is so small, that you can really aim it on small things which produce even better groups.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:47 PM

Get rid of the peep. I don't use one (not that I'm that good of a shot though).
Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 AM

Well, I don't think I want to buy a red dot scope b/c I am very pleased with my current sights.

I am also surprised that no one suggested the no-peep.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

I'd lose the tube for sure. I've been using these NiteHawk peeps and love 'em. I tried a few of the ones with fiber optics but these NiteHawks actually let you see much better in low light. http://www.archerysportsusa.com/store/index.cfm/c31/i3341
Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 AM

Does a tube add noise to the shot? What exactly are the bad things about them besides snapping?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must be bassackward because I had a no tube peep for years, but I just recently switched back to the old tube type peep and really like it. I still installed it so that if the tube breaks it will be straight as if it were a no tube peep, but I grew up using the tubing and just like it's reliability. You know that it will be straight at full draw. The tubes usually will last quite a long time, but I figure if you change it as soon as you notice any cracks you'd be fine. I can't do a no peep. I like the redundancy that a peep gives you because for some shots in the woods or open tundra you just can't use perfect form. I am no expert though, just a guy with opinions.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Duc...I guess I'm old school...I started with a recurve in the late '60s...I could hit a paper plate at 25 yards, killed several deer with that old Bear....I have never shot at a deer past 25 yards, I set up for closer shots...Ask yourself, how far have you taken a shot at a deer? I can see if you are hunting antelope over a water hole wanting to shoot 40-50 yards, but down here in NC, I setup in the white oaks and wait until I have a perfect shot...I use two pins, one set at 15 the other at 25, I shoot fingers and have never used a peep...Alot depends on your hunting style and your approch to bow hunting, to me its the challenge of getting a deer within 25 yards...

Quick Reply: What should I do about my peep-site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.