Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep site

Old 12-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default peep site

one of my frends said that i need a peep site to accurately zone in my bow
if this is true how wood i site it in
Old 12-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: peep site

You dont really need a peep.

I have just taken all the peeps of my bows IMO they suck in low light and dont give me any more accuracy.

IMO all you need is a consistant anchor point that you can hit each and every time.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie is correct. Peeps are not required at all. If you can come up with a system that enables you to get a precise anchor, you can be just as accurate. Actually, this is all a peep really does, forces you to place your eye at the same spot every time. Placing your nose on the string at full draw is a good method to keep your head location consistant.

If you do not like a peep, there is a product by Timberline Archery called the No-Peep. It uses an eye alignment device that mounts to your bow and forces you to line up a dot inside a circle at full draw by moving your head slightly. Its quite touchy and once setup properly, is extremely accurate. This device is specifacally for this purpose, to elimate all the hassles associated with the peep site.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was also taught to put the string to my nose like muzzy said, but u mite also put on a kisser button which will help a little
Old 01-01-2004, 10:23 AM

i use a Red Hawk Peep and it helps a lot with low light conditions. if i had a little brighter sight pins, i could shoot by the moonlight with this one. the only drawback is that i costs $20.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Spike

For me, a peep site is a great help. It basically forces you to get the same anchor point each time. Without a peep you are more prone to not hold the bow exactly the same each time, even with an anchor point. You can hold the bow at different angles, etc.

The peep basically acts like the rear site on a gun. Technically you could shoot a gun without a rear site if you held the gun the EXACT same way each time, but why bother when the rear site makes it easier and quicker?

Others are correct, though. You don't have to have one, it just makes lining up a shot quicker and more accurate for many of us. Others see the peep as a hinderance, but it takes quite a bit of discipline to get that anchor perfect without a peep.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

thank u all for the help
Old 01-01-2004, 12:50 PM

I DO NOT USE A PEEP EITHER I JUST PUT THE STRING TOUCHING MY NOSE AND ALSO USE A KISSER BUTTON AND ANCHOR IN THE SAME PLACE WITH MY RELEASE HAND EVERYTIME, SO I ACTUALLY HAVE 3 ANCHOR POINTS BUT YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME PLACE EVERYTIME, HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:03 PM

i shoot one cause it makes me consintrate on my sights and placement and not on the size of the rack or other distractions
Old 01-04-2004, 09:47 PM

yeah aussies right