Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Home-made Bow Press Plans... >

Home-made Bow Press Plans...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Home-made Bow Press Plans...

Old 01-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Home-made Bow Press Plans...

I mentioned some plans I downloaded in a post a few days ago, and have gotten some e-mails requesting the link. In case others are interested, here ya go...

http://www.homestead.com/gecl/press.html

I'm not sure where I originally stumbled across this link, if it was here, and I'm stealing your thunder, sorry...

I've not built one yet, but it looks like it could be put together for about $30-40. I plan to cruise the local scrap yard when the weather warms up.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Home-made Bow Press Plans...

I made one very similar to this and it only cost about $40.00. Used 2 1/2" box instead, I agree with the overkill. Used 3/4" rod and covered them with heater hose (first 3/4" then over top of that 1" and it gives much better padding. Just spray with WD40 before putting on the 1" and it slips right on). Instead of bolting the arms to the main body try using clevis pins. Quicker to change positions.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

it sure looks strong. gonna have to give that one a try but i also think its over kill on the metal so ill use someting a little thiner. thanks for the link rangeball
Ron
Old 01-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the pics and ideas ,I have a portable one I carry in the field but I need to set one up in the shop.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Spike

Thanks!
I've been looking for something like this.
Old 01-05-2002, 09:21 AM

Hey there Joliet Jake...

Got a new bow, PSE Team Fitzgerald Nova...picked it up at Wally World with sights, quiver, rest for $95. Know anyone who needs a like new Whitetail II?

Just got home from the last deer hunt of the season. Didn't see a thing, froze my arse off...unloaded my muzzlebanger, found out the scope was off, so I guess it is a good thing I didn't see any deer. Darn shame I'm working tonight, I think the deer will be moving this evening with the storm moving in.

Keep it real Mr. Srixon SF!!

Old 01-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grindero!! finally got around to checking this place out, huh! Just saw your post, have been out of town until just today. I've got 10 days left in our bowseason, plan to use it wisely... Later.