Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Steelforce fixed Broadheads ?? >

Steelforce fixed Broadheads ??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Steelforce fixed Broadheads ??

Old 01-05-2002, 05:40 PM

Default Steelforce fixed Broadheads ??

I just recently saw these broadheads at a pro shop and they look like they can really
get the job done I was wondering if any one has used these any comments??
How well do they fly, penetrate, ETC THANKS !!!
Old 01-05-2002, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Steelforce fixed Broadheads ??

I have also seen them at an archery shop, I have never tried them, but a friend of mine swears by them. He says the fly very nice, and penetrate really well. I guess you should see for yourself.
Old 01-05-2002, 05:59 PM

Steelforce are fantastic. Razor sharp out of the box and they'll resharpen them for the life of the blade. Stainless steel so they don't rust like my Magnus and they fly like darts. "Course I'm only pumping them out at 170fps in my #50 longbow. Can't say how they'd fly at the hypersonic speed of a compound.

Jack
Old 01-05-2002, 07:21 PM

THANKS for the responces guys BY the way I do shoot a compound 63 #

ANY MORE COMMENTS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 01-05-2002, 07:22 PM

I also saw these.they look mean hope someone can tell about them.
Old 01-05-2002, 08:09 PM

I have steelforce I got them near the end of our season. I havent shot them, but my buddy mark shot them out of his 297FPS compound and say's they fly sweet, they wouldnt fit his goldtip though so he won't get them till he starts shooting carbon express, he used to shoot for browning in 3-D so I trust his words.

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought the Steelforce this summer for the deerhunt and found that the bleeder's make them plane too much and I was shooting about 16 inch's high so I took off the bleeder's and they shot the exact same as my field point's.I am impressed with them even though I didn't get anything to try them out on other than my target.I have Gold tip hunters and they fit fine for me so I can't tell you what your problem is other than maybe your inner sleeve is the wrong one ?????
But as for the Steelforce they are excellent!!!!

Edited by - nubo on 01/05/2002 21:21:58
Old 01-05-2002, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the steelforce. I didn't have any problem with flight and took a couple of bucks with them. Both complete passthroughs, one almost the entire length of the animal. Both heads were like new after coming through the animal. I have heard some reports of the ends peening over but the only time I experienced this was the third time (same head)I tried to shoot one through a steel drum during testing.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:13 AM

Hey Nubo, here in canada gametracker takes care of us a little better with arrow components then does goldtip, so its hard to get the right fit, nothing against Goldtip. But I have a question about your plaining with the bleeders, are the main blades facing vertical, or horizontal, do you shoot release. I agree with all of u steelforce seems pretty good in the way of fixed blade cut from tip.
good shooting Dylan

Edited by - 55#recurve on 01/06/2002 02:14:22
Old 01-06-2002, 12:22 PM

I am going to use them next year. Haven't bought any yet though. I have heard good things about them. I looked at all the cut on impact heads at cabela's and these looked liked the best quality. I looked at some, I don't remember if they were Zwickeys(spelling?) or magnus heads, but they looked like something I could have made in my garage with a bench grinder. I was not impressed.

Paul

Quick Reply: Steelforce fixed Broadheads ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.