Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G >

Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

Old 05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help with Muzzy zero effect N.G

I am only stating what I read in an article writen by Randy Ulmer. I am in no way trying to offend anyone.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

BD, you sure aren't offending anyone bud. I appologize if I seemed rude and I wish you very good luck with your new Bowtech!

I do believe some bows may have unlevel nock travel, just haven't really noticed it on my Martin or the Patriot. I do sort of miss messing with the dual cams. I believe most of the timing issues back then with dual cams stemmed from inferior string materials compared to what is available today. Anyway.....I am getting off subject........back to the Muzzy issues
Old 05-09-2006, 07:15 AM

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

[:@]It's still doing after I checked a few things again last evening. I raised the nock although the arrow was level with the bottom mounting holes before I did that. That seemed to help raising the nock. We had already tried the different holes in the rest for arm craw. And I started over from scratch and reinstalled. Heck it looks good and works except for damaging the fletching. Muzzy makes great stuff so it's got to be me not seeing something.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:45 AM

I had problems with this rest on an 02 bowtech Mighty Mite. You might try pushing the claw forward just a little so it is not at a 90 degree angle.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:12 AM

I gave up friends and compatriots. I got so fustrated and it was probably something simple but it's back in the package and another rest is on now.

I'm content shooting bullet holes with the fallaway rest I put on yesterday.

Again thank you for all you support and help and great suggestions. It just wasn't in the stars for meto havea muzzy moment.[&o]
Old 05-11-2006, 06:25 PM

Grand, which one did you go with? If you don't mind me asking...and what about it's set up made a difference?

Thanks, Bo
Old 05-11-2006, 08:52 PM

I went to the Rip Cord rest and I have one on another bow so I was familiar with the setup. I heard so many great things about the MZENG that I wanted to give it a try. Not sorry that I did - I learned a lot trying to make it work. The Rip Cordhasa good product too and I have shot one for over a year without any problems.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:27 AM

Dont feel bad grandviewer Im having problems with mine also. I just got it the other day so far Im still trying to bare shaft tune it the way they suggest in the movie. I had it set put an arrow in it with vanes shot and same problem with the vanes hittting. the vane hit and tore the felt so now I have to install new felt and start over. I did order the one for Hoyt tech risers and Found out the have a different one for parallel limb bows so I dont know if thats what is causing the problems. I have a trykon.