Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Muzzy zero effect...HELP???? >

Muzzy zero effect...HELP????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzy zero effect...HELP????

Old 02-02-2002, 11:33 AM

Default Muzzy zero effect...HELP????

i have installed the zero effect on my mq32 per the instructions and the video. it all seems to be in working order, but i have a problem...

when i shoot, depending on the nock orientation, i have either 1 or 2 of my feathers (standard 4" feathers) hitting the cable/string????

from what i can tell, the cable slide with the ze allows the string/cable to be further away from the cable guide and closer to my arrow path than the original cable slide that came with the bow.

any help would be greatly appreciated...

thanks
John
Old 02-02-2002, 02:44 PM

Default RE: Muzzy zero effect...HELP????

Try turning the cock feather out.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:07 PM

i tried that and still get some contact with the feathers on the cable/string.

confused...this is not supposed to be an issue with the ze...any configuration etc is what is claimed...

John
Old 02-02-2002, 09:21 PM
nub

When your arrow is nocked it should be sitting on the shelf of the riser. Not the capture arm. When at full draw the fletch will be back by your anchor point behind the cables. Are you saying you see wear on your fletching? Is your centershot set correctly?
Old 02-02-2002, 09:30 PM

nub

when the arrow is nocked, it does sit on the shelf of the riser....and at full draw the fletch is behind the cables (as with any other rest).

the feathers are getting beat up and the cable/string are the closest thing to the feathers on that side of the arrow. i set the centershot like my instructions said (slightly pointed out)

...confused on what to try next

John
Old 02-02-2002, 09:56 PM

Mopar

As stated earlier, you need the aftermarket cable guard. You will be able to move your cables farther away from your arrow.

Jim
Old 02-02-2002, 10:35 PM

Next question, have you tuned or had the bow tuned properly?

I ask this because I had a problem with an MQ1 about 6 months ago. The arrow tuned properly but was too far into the riser. Final solution was to "time" the cam. The arrow moved out to the proper position and everything else was fine.

Old 02-03-2002, 09:54 AM
nub

Mopar: If you rotated your cock out, I'd shoot through some paper. Sounds to me like its just eyeballed. Paper tuning is an easy way for you to see whats up. If anyone here knows how to tune a Muzzy, its Len. Does the mq32 have the allinement holes in the cam to check rotation? Check all your specs against the manufacturers.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:52 AM

thanks guys for the help.

i needed to put some twists in the string to get the holes in the cam to line up correctly again. it seemed to do the trick.

it took me about 2 minutes to shoot bullet holes in the paper. (compared to my last rest this was a dream)

..gained about 3 fps (not that speed is one of my goals, just checked for curiosity sake)

..think im going to like this thing...

John
Old 02-03-2002, 05:25 PM

John: I'm glad you got it straightened out.

Others should also take note of this incident. This is another reason why one cam bows need to be timed properly.

Quick Reply: Muzzy zero effect...HELP????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.