Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop Away Rest Questions >

Drop Away Rest Questions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Away Rest Questions

Old 03-23-2006, 03:58 PM

Default RE: Drop Away Rest Questions

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Thanks for the help guys, looking more and more at the QAD, My only concern isthe clearance for the fletching i guess it will work w/ any fletching?

If you’re going to get the QAD drop away rest, do not order it yet. They have a newer version coming out in 4 weeks. They needed extra time to verify the changes they made would hold up over time. I just talked to them today for 20 minutes and that was the report. From what I hear the QAD LD model should diminish your concerns about fletching contact. They will soon have video on their web sight showing the facts.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another vote for the Trphy Ridge Drop Zone. The TR "Rack" foam arrow holder holds my arrow perfectly when it's not on the rest. In fact, I can actually cant my bow totally on it's side and the arrow still remains snuggly in the Rack.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
CDG

I just installed a Vital Bow Gear Kaz-away and am very pleased with it. You can turn the bow upside down and the arrow wont fall out.Dont have to worry about the fletching contact like i did with a whisker biscuit either. Check out their website they have a video clip of it in action.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Spike

Ripcord or QAD take yer pick both great rests imho!!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

QAD Ultra. I love it.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

I guess that I will be the old fashion guy using a "relic"!!I still love my Muzzy Zero Effect. Man, there have been so many new drop aways that have come out since I started using the ZE, but I just can't seem to bring myself to change. I guess I am living testimony to the old addage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I have been shooting it for years now , from the original one to the new generation one on my mathews Outback. My buddies are amazed because I am one that likes to try new stuff all the time, but I keep sticking with the ZE. Never had a failure with it. Maybe someday I will change, but I don't see it happening very soon.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, think im gonna go w/ the new QAD model in a few weeks! less than 6 months till opening day!