Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 two questions drop away rest and a stand question >

two questions drop away rest and a stand question

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

two questions drop away rest and a stand question

Old 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default two questions drop away rest and a stand question

when i draw my bow back either on the ground or in my stand some times my arrow comes off my quiktune rest it's a drop away

i must move it up there with a finger your bounce my bow i do not wont to do this with my bow at draw on a deer is it my rest or the fact my arrows are just a Little longer then my full draw how can i solve this could it be i kinda bounce it when i draw back which would be a form issue i have no problem at draw once i am there

two my 2 man ladder stand sank on me when i got in it after a few days of rain It sank up a Little pass the mud rail at the bottom about 4 inch's pass it
how can i keep it from sinking i thought about taking a 2x6 and setting the ladder on it but then it would be off the ground on a board and might just slip off. Then i thought taking the 2x6 and sliding it under the mud rail so if it does sink it does very little how would you solve this problem
Old 10-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Default RE: two questions drop away rest and a stand question

check your cams somethims they get loose and do funny things. As for the stand put a rock or somthing under it, when im in my stand you can take the ladder off and im still up there good so i think that your problem is climbing up not being up there so dont worry about it sliding off.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

it seem like it slides right when i get up there before i turn around to sit or right when i sit

when i first got it the first two hunts it slid down one of the straps had come loss i went to get down to move it back up and when i put my weight on the ladder it pushed back up so i tighted the strap where do you put the rock at under the feet or under the rail
Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM

I would put it right under the rail. but if you can get a 2x4 or anything just out it perpendicular to the rail with a notch in it. now back to the arrow falling off the rest, is there a rubber coating on the rest, somehtimes the temp or humidity can make the rubber funny and make the arrow jump of the rest.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have had the problem since i bought the bow it does it indoors out doors anywhere but does not do it all the time
i hate the rubber i think it makes it look cheap but looks better then the piece of fabric on a guy i know bow
Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

for the drop away problem, it sounds like the rest is bouncing up too soon. Try lengthening your pull cord up a little bit.

when I have a stand in an area that it can sink, I get a 4' wide 2 x 8, and drill 2 holes in it so the bottom of the ladder can slip into them, and it will sink until the first little step hits the board. On my ladder stands, thats about 2" deep
Old 10-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

now back to the arrow falling off the rest, is there a rubber coating on the rest, somehtimes the temp or humidity can make the rubber funny and make the arrow jump of the rest.
You can't be serious. We're not talking about a "Flubber" coating on the prongs, just heat shrink. More than likely it's what Josh said, the rest is just pulling up to fast and quickly. Try make the cord attaching to your down cable longer as he said. Don't make it too long though, or it won't fall out of the way quick enough. You generally want it being all the way standing about 2 inches away from being at full draw. It's either that or you are drawing too quickly.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think it could be i amdrawing to quickly and might be tugging on it close to full draw i will try and get a video at full draw and see or ahve soemone watch me
ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

now back to the arrow falling off the rest, is there a rubber coating on the rest, somehtimes the temp or humidity can make the rubber funny and make the arrow jump of the rest.
You can't be serious. We're not talking about a "Flubber" coating on the prongs, just heat shrink. More than likely it's what Josh said, the rest is just pulling up to fast and quickly. Try make the cord attaching to your down cable longer as he said. Don't make it too long though, or it won't fall out of the way quick enough. You generally want it being all the way standing about 2 inches away from being at full draw. It's either that or you are drawing too quickly.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:25 PM

It sounds like you are too quick on the draw. Do you struggle pulling your bow back? I've seen people do the same thing when they are pulling back too much weight. They have to give it everything they have and they pull the bow back too fast thus making the arrow bounce off.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

NO NO PROPLEM PULLING BACK